By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Beautiful Console Graphics Thread (Post your Pics and Vids)

Enslaved looks better in pictures than it does in the game imo.

Because it looks amazing in the pics, but I wouldn't put it in the top 20 of console graphics technically. Has amazing style though.

This is pretty, I can't find what I wanted to post though.

Around the Network
ishiki said:

Because it looks amazing in the pics, but I wouldn't put it in the top 20 of console graphics technically. Has amazing style though.

I think style trumps technical everytime. That's what this thread is about. Beautifull console graphics. It doesn't matter how it was done or if the whole game looks as good as the picture you post. It's about that picture looking amazing.

Those Tomb Raider shots are PC BTW

Also Halo 4 and Enslaved are not 2560x1440, I don't think nullshots should count in the spirit of the thread

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

kain_kusanagi said:
ishiki said:

I think style trumps technical everytime. That's what this thread is about. Beautifull console graphics. It doesn't matter how it was done or if the whole game looks as good as the picture you post. It's about that picture looking amazing.

yeah I agree. I guess I was trying to say that Enslaved in that pic looks like a top 10 console game even technically speaking imo, Just in motion it has a few issues that hurt it from a technical perspective.

Halo 4 looks amazing on both levels.

Rayman Origins is another. I found really great looking. And these can be ran on the ipad :P.

I think you should put in the OP, to delete pictures when quoting so there's not these massive walls of the same pics over and over.

Around the Network

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Love the Borderlands artstyle ^^

Nintendo and PC gamer

Journey loses some of it's aesthetics without the moving sand and light shimmering, still looks good in screenshots.
Prince of Persia 2008 provides great screenshots

Yeah, Borderlands art style is awesome.  Couldn't find any good pictures of him, so here is the battle against the final boss, the Warrior, who looks great.  Spoilers ahoy, of course, but anyone who hasn't played can just look at the beginning, where the Warrior appears.

Enslaved really doesn't look that great. Lots of washed out colours (kinda typical for some low budget UE3 games), low res textures and lots of jaggies