By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Black Ops 2 Launch Guide (Wii U 720p 60fps, 360/ps3 SUB-HD)

Player1x3 said:
Viper1 said:
ethomaz said:

No one said that.

What me and others said the Wii U is not too powerful... for me it is 50% more powerful than PS360... weak.

600p@60fps vs 720p@60fps just confirmed that.

You're going to base hardware performance on a game that has had 6 years of hardware development, engine development and is the lead development platform against a console with the first entry and it's an unoptimised port?   That's a fair basis of comparison to you?

Resistance Fall of Man looked better than any 6th gen game and it was a launch PS3 title. Tell me more about how Wii U has a game that looks better than all 7th gen games.

Tell me more about how Resistance was a long running series on the PS2 with the latest edition directly ported to the PS3 from PS2 with no asset changes and unoptimised code.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Is it going to be in 3D? I saw a commercial for a TV and the guy was like, "Have you ever played Call of Duty......IN 3D?"

It would be a nice little unexpected bonus if it is.

Player1x3 said:
Viper1 said:
ethomaz said:
superchunk said:

ok, so can everyone stop complaining that WiiU is not more powerful?

No one said that.

What me and others said the Wii U is not too powerful... for me it is 50% more powerful than PS360... weak.

You're going to base hardware performance on a game that has had 6 years of hardware development, engine development and is the lead development platform against a console with the first entry and it's an unoptimised port?   That's a fair basis of comparison to you?

Resistance Fall of Man looked better than any 6th gen game and it was a launch PS3 title. Tell me more about how Wii U has a game that looks better than all 7th gen games.

Tell me more about your obsolete circa-1997 controller. ;)

Viper1 said:
Player1x3 said:
Viper1 said:
ethomaz said:

No one said that.

Tell me more about how Resistance was a long running series on the PS2 with the latest edition directly ported to the PS3 from PS2 with no asset changes and unoptimised code.

Because the difference from PS2 and PS3 ports is just as noticable as ports from X360/PS3 and U, right?

curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:

What?

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
Viper1 said:
Player1x3 said:
Viper1 said:
ethomaz said:

No one said that.

Because the difference from PS2 and PS3 ports is just as noticable as ports from X360/PS3 and U, right?

With no asset changes or optimisations for the consoles hardware, pretty much.

Think of those PS3 HD collections of PS2 games.   Those get recoded for the HD resolution but aside from that, they still look like the PS2 game.

Look at the pixel counts I listed above.    That doesn't tell you anything?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:

What?

The PS3 and 360 primarily run on dual analogue controllers almost identical in design to the original PS1 dualshock released in 1997.

Even IF the Wii U isn't that much more powerful than the PS3/360, I'll take 7th gen graphics with an 8th gen controller over 7th gen graphics with a 5th gen controller.

Viper1 said:
Player1x3 said:
Viper1 said:
Player1x3 said:
Viper1 said:
ethomaz said:

No one said that.

With no asset changes or optimisations for the consoles hardware, pretty much.

Think of those PS3 HD collections of PS2 games.   Those get recoded for the HD resolution but aside from that, they still look like the PS2 game.

Look at the pixel counts I listed above.    That doesn't tell you anything?

Ok, show me that tremendous difference between U and PS360 ports. Im sure it looks more noticable that this or this...

And you still havent told me about that Wii U exclusive game that looks better than any 7th gen game..

curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:

What?

The PS3 and 360 primarily run on dual analogue controllers almost identical in design to the original PS1 dualshock released in 1997.

Even IF the Wii U isn't that much more powerful than the PS3/360, I'll take 7th gen graphics with an 8th gen controller over 7th gen graphics with a 5th gen controller.

Wait, hold on a second. What do controllers have to do with the price of green tea in southwestern part of Indonesia ??? I think you're going off topic here a bit

Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:

What?

Wait, hold on a second. What do controllers have to do with the price of green tea in southwestern part of Indonesia ??? I think you're going off topic here a bit

The point is that you seem to be implying the Wii U isn't next gen because it's not a clear graphical leap, (yet) but graphics are no longer the defining factor in what generation a console belongs to.