By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What took so long? Microsoft finally launches the seven-year-old Xbox 360 in Israel

samuship said:
Well, the Xbox 360 became officially available here only last year, and we are the fourth largest gaming market in the world.

Do you have any source on that? I think at least USA, Japan, South Korea, The UK, Germany and Canada are bigger than Brazil. And all the sources I've seen tell me that.

Around the Network

Irony: the tech that drives Kinect was developed in...Israel.

HesAPooka said:
No doubt they will sell a lot of FPS's there.

But that's still pretty mean and offensive.

ThatGreekGuy said:
HesAPooka said:

Why is it mean and offensive? It is, after all, the only country in the whole world (as far as I know) that has mandatory military service for all citizens once they turned 18 (for three whole years). If you don't go to the army at 18 then you go to jail. Their culture is centered around the military for reasons that we don't need to discuss here.

Well the 360 should look like a next-gen system sitting right beside the WiiU.

Around the Network

This should boost lifetime sales by about 10m.

thelalaby said:
ThatGreekGuy said:
HesAPooka said:

Why is it mean and offensive? It is, after all, the only country in the whole world (as far as I know) that has mandatory military service for all citizens once they turned 18 (for three whole years). If you don't go to the army at 18 then you go to jail. Their culture is centered around the military for reasons that we don't need to discuss here.

South Korea has a similar rule.

Fifaguy360 said:
thelalaby said:
ThatGreekGuy said:
HesAPooka said:

Lol, aren't they the no.1 and no.2 hated countries in the world or something? :p

man-bear-pig said:
This should boost lifetime sales by about 10m.

With a population of only 7.9 million that's pretty much impossible.  I guessing maybe by 1 million max.

thelalaby said:
Fifaguy360 said:
thelalaby said:
ThatGreekGuy said:
HesAPooka said:

Lol, aren't they the no.1 and no.2 hated countries in the world or something? :p

Not South Korea. You're thinking North Korea with the whole nuclear arms crisis.