By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Launch Game Reviews - Predict the best

Tagged games:

Which Wii U Launch Game will Review Best (aggregate)?

Nintendo Land 7 4.35%

New Super Mario Bros U 26 16.15%

Ninja Gaiden 3 - Razor's Edge 2 1.24%

ZombiU 66 40.99%

Assassin's Creed III 10 6.21%

Batman - Arkham City - Hardened Edition 27 16.77%

Mass Effect 3 - Special Edition 6 3.73%

Darksiders 2 1 0.62%

The Wonderful 101 10 6.21%

Other (sorry I didn't li... 6 3.73%

Total:161
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Sorry I went a little crazy and guessed for all of them.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (90)
Skylanders Giants (77)
Transformers Prime (61)
Wipeout 3 (55)
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (82)
FIFA Soccer 13 (83)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (84)
New Super Mario Bros. U (85)
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (68)
Nintendo Land (81)
Sing Party (70)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (78)
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (75)
Darksiders II (82)
Assassin's Creed III (84)
ESPN Sports Connection (65)
Just Dance 4 (75)
Rabbids Land (76)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (77)
ZombiU (87)
Scribblenauts Unlimited (81)
Game Party Champions (41)
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (91)

Not at all. I am actually hoping to learn about games and what kind of quality you expect them to have tells me whether I should learn more or not. Like Game Party Champions and Wipeout 3 tells me don't worry about those ones while Blops 2 is maybe I should pay better attention to.

I think I will get Ninja Gaiden 3 - Razor's Edge regardless of review score just because I want to try it for myself. Stuff like that... little surprised that Transformers game has low review expectation because last couple of Transformers games have had very good reviews.

Around the Network
cusman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Sorry I went a little crazy and guessed for all of them.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (90)
Skylanders Giants (77)
Transformers Prime (61)
Wipeout 3 (55)
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (82)
FIFA Soccer 13 (83)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (84)
New Super Mario Bros. U (85)
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (68)
Nintendo Land (81)
Sing Party (70)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (78)
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (75)
Darksiders II (82)
Assassin's Creed III (84)
ESPN Sports Connection (65)
Just Dance 4 (75)
Rabbids Land (76)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (77)
ZombiU (87)
Scribblenauts Unlimited (81)
Game Party Champions (41)
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (91)

Not at all. I am actually hoping to learn about games and what kind of quality you expect them to have tells me whether I should learn more or not. Like Game Party Champions and Wipeout 3 tells me don't worry about those ones while Blops 2 is maybe I should pay better attention to.

I think I will get Ninja Gaiden 3 - Razor's Edge regardless of review score just because I want to try it for myself. Stuff like that... little surprised that Transformers game has low review expectation because last couple of Transformers games have had very good reviews.

I'm thinking of getting Ninja Gaiden 3 also. I'm confident the Wii U version will be the best. Plus I want to play it after playing 1, 2, and Dragon Sword.

I predicted a low score for Transformers Prime because I think it will be more like the movie tie-in games and less like the recent Cybertron games. The buzz has been incredibly low, and the trailers have shown zero actual gameplay. I hope I'm wrong, but I worry it might have been a rush job.

ZombiU is going to have the highest Metascore of the lot. 90+ imo, and it's going to sell an absolute shitload.

I'm surprised at the lack of confidence in solid (albeit older) ports. If they scored well on other platforms already, I don't understand why they wouldn't score around the same on Wii U. Which is why my vote went for Mass Effect 3.

I'd like to vote for Zombie U,, but -- and perhaps this comes from my own lack of love for the survival horror genre -- I have a hard time believing that this will be the AAA game that it needs to be. I also might feel this way after getting burned by Red Steel for Wii.

I feel that NintendoLand, New SMB U, and Wonderful 101 will all score solidly in the mid to high 80s. But I think Wonderful 101 will be the only one to get scores in the 90s.

blackstarr said:
I'm surprised at the lack of confidence in solid (albeit older) ports. If they scored well on other platforms already, I don't understand why they wouldn't score around the same on Wii U. Which is why my vote went for Mass Effect 3.

I'd like to vote for Zombie U,, but -- and perhaps this comes from my own lack of love for the survival horror genre -- I have a hard time believing that this will be the AAA game that it needs to be. I also might feel this way after getting burned by Red Steel for Wii.

I feel that NintendoLand, New SMB U, and Wonderful 101 will all score solidly in the mid to high 80s. But I think Wonderful 101 will be the only one to get scores in the 90s.

I felt burnt by Red Steel as well, but that wasn't Ubisoft fault as much as the timeline itself being too tight. They fixed controls in Red Steel 2, but as you said the damage to that series name was already done with Red Steel first game.

I think anybody that doesn't give ZombiU at least 90% good faith and at least looking for reviews before making that fateful buy decision are doing themselves a disservice. Ubisoft is on top of their game, the Wii came out with new controller that didn't quite work right until 2 years later when they finally had Wii Motion Plus. The X360 and PS3 released before good development tools existed for HD console gaming. The Wii U has development software already working for it for both Motion Controls and HD gaming and Touch Controls are also fully tested market with lots of built up libraries. Dual Screen is also something that has been in market for a while. In other words, the software tooling disadvantage is absent which was very present for Wii launch software. Lastly, Ubisoft's top tier AAA team is working on Wii U... not a junior team. Even their Michel Ancel group is 100% focused on just Wii U software development with Rayman Legends over BGnE-2 which is another thing important to Michel Ancel. There is some solid talent and technology behind ZombiU. Also keep in mind that ZombiU has had long time in development cycle starting under the Michel Ancel group and was initially going to be Killer Freaks from Outer Space with Rabbid like creatures and then shifted to Zombies and hard M rated and F*ck-all Dark Souls inspired challenge expectations, but extending out to perma-death instead of magic respawns with lost expereince since last checkpoint. I know I said a lot... but I have really high expectations of ZombiU and I am hoping it will be as awesome as it seems to have simple powerful ideas behind what the game ends up being.

Looking through my "Gamer" magazine from Best Buy I see my poll list has some games that are coming soon rather than launch

Here are the coming soon per the Best Buy "Gamer" magazine:

• Aliens - Colonial Marines
  • Game & Wario
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Marvel Avengers Battle for Earth
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Rayman Legends
  • Wii Fit U
  • The Wonderful 101
The games coming out for launch per the Best Buy "Gamer" magazine:

• Call of Duty - Black Ops II
  • Darksiders II
  • Madden NFL 13
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Wii U Edition
  • Nintendo Land
  • Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 - Razor's Edge
  • Skylander Giants
  • Assassin's Creed III

Around the Network
cusman said:
blackstarr said:

Looking through my "Gamer" magazine from Best Buy I see my poll list has some games that are coming soon rather than launch

Here are the coming soon per the Best Buy "Gamer" magazine:

• Aliens - Colonial Marines
  • Game & Wario
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Marvel Avengers Battle for Earth
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Rayman Legends
  • Wii Fit U
  • The Wonderful 101
The games coming out for launch per the Best Buy "Gamer" magazine:

• Call of Duty - Black Ops II
  • Darksiders II
  • Madden NFL 13
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Wii U Edition
  • Nintendo Land
  • Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 - Razor's Edge
  • Skylander Giants
  • Assassin's Creed III

I just saw this: http://www.gamespot.com/news/mass-effect-3-wii-u-confirmed-for-launch-6399544

Looks like Mass Effect has been moved to launch! This is a pleasant surprise.

ME3.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I just saw this: http://www.gamespot.com/news/mass-effect-3-wii-u-confirmed-for-launch-6399544

Looks like Mass Effect has been moved to launch! This is a pleasant surprise.

That's great news. Available at launch and including ton of the DLC stuff. For anybody that wants to play the best gameplay of the series but doesn't want to slog through lengthy first game which was weakest in gameplay... and maybe want to skip 2nd game as well. This is a good option.

Especially since the starting comic thing refreshes you and also lets you make all the key choices which were tedious text-dialog choices in the original games anyway. I would think all the console versions would want such a starter comic thing so they don't have to actually replay the past games to have a new starting point for the "current" game.

NintendoLand - 82
New Super Mario Bros U - 80
Ninja Gaiden - 48
ZombiU - 71
AC III - 80
Batman - 85
ME 3 - 81
Darksidres 2 - 73
Wonderful 101 - 86

NSMB U will be good... but probably Batman or AC3