By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Launch Game Reviews - Predict the best

Tagged games:

Which Wii U Launch Game will Review Best (aggregate)?

Nintendo Land 7 4.35%

New Super Mario Bros U 26 16.15%

Ninja Gaiden 3 - Razor's Edge 2 1.24%

ZombiU 66 40.99%

Assassin's Creed III 10 6.21%

Batman - Arkham City - Hardened Edition 27 16.77%

Mass Effect 3 - Special Edition 6 3.73%

Darksiders 2 1 0.62%

The Wonderful 101 10 6.21%

Other (sorry I didn't li... 6 3.73%

Total:161

Not sure which will be the highest rated, but I think none of them will score 9 or above even if they end up being the superior versions (which I'm a little skeptical of since it's new hardware).

The fact there's very little marketing push for the Wii U ports worries me a bit. We're 13 days from launch and I still don't have a good idea how any of these ports look. Rocksteady even gave us the E3 trailer of Arkham City again instead of showing new footage.

Around the Network
TheBardsSong said:

Not sure which will be the highest rated, but I think none of them will score 9 or above even if they end up being the superior versions (which I'm a little skeptical of since it's new hardware).

The fact there's very little marketing push for the Wii U ports worries me a bit. We're 13 days from launch and I still don't have a good idea how any of these ports look. Rocksteady even gave us the E3 trailer of Arkham City again instead of showing new footage.

I have seen plenty of footage from all of the Wii U games. The Wii U version of the games. Nintendo's website has done very good job of providing lot of those videos but in addition I am also subscribed to Game Informer YouTube channel and they had lots of Wii U interview or hands-on type videos as well as marketing provided videos and trailers.

Take a look on www.nintendo.com then go to Wii U and Videos section and Features section. You will find plenty of coverage and some that might surprise you with stuff you haven't seen yet.

NSMBU- 88
The Wonderful 101- 84
Little Inferno- 91
ZombiU- 92
Mass Effect- 85
Assassin's Creed III- 89
Batman Arkham City- 82
Darksiders II- 80
Ninja Gaiden- 81

cusman said:
TheBardsSong said:

I have seen plenty of footage from all of the Wii U games. The Wii U version of the games. Nintendo's website has done very good job of providing lot of those videos but in addition I am also subscribed to Game Informer YouTube channel and they had lots of Wii U interview or hands-on type videos as well as marketing provided videos and trailers.

Take a look on www.nintendo.com then go to Wii U and Videos section and Features section. You will find plenty of coverage and some that might surprise you with stuff you haven't seen yet.

I have actually watched most of what you're talking about, but I don't know... you'd expect a lot more recent trailers or gameplay. Unless there's something I missed, most of that stuff is still from back in September or E3.

I haven't played a game better than Batman Arkham Asylum this year. It's still king of the hill. It may lose points with reviewers for being a port of a game that is a year old but it's still amazing.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I haven't played a game better than Batman Arkham Asylum this year. It's still king of the hill. It may lose points with reviewers for being a port of a game that is a year old but it's still amazing.

I'm assuming you mean Arkham City, and I agree. I actually plan on buying it again on Wii U.

TheBardsSong said:
d21lewis said:

I'm assuming you mean Arkham City, and I agree. I actually plan on buying it again on Wii U.

Yeah, that one too! :P

d21lewis said:

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were both excellent. I would hate for the Wii U port of Arkham City to get slammed for being a late port out of some cynical snarky attitude on the part of the reviewer. I do want to know if the Gamepad "additions" either enhance or harm the experience.

I think conceptually it makes sense that Batman utility belt being simulated with the Gamepad is an opportunity to make the game a little better or freshly interesting.

But I haven't seen them do anything with the Wii U gamepad that seems as good as what I have seen with ZombiU. Also, I have read some previews on Batman Arkham City for Wii U that say its disjointed to have to look at Gamepad vs. a pause menu which is either a change takes time to appreciate or it really is something where people might require the pause screen to the gamepad second screen for quick inventory etc.

The DS and 3DS double screen also have two things to look at which I agree can be a bit disorienting at times to keep track of and use, but in many more cases its very useful and much preferred over a pause screen situation. So I am kind of hopeful that Arkham City is a good example rather than a bad example.

ZombiU is a definite good example because the gameplay pacing and tension is designed around the fact you have two screens and perspectives and game doesn't pause. I mean a game like Dark Souls had pause screen without pause... while ZombiU gives you pause menu on gamepad without obstructing your main screen. So to me for a game where there is no pause, having two screens is better for sure.

Will see on Batman which was originally designed with a pause screen that paused the action, but is now more fluid on Wii U making it possibly unfair or feeling clunky if you want to stop/think.

cusman said:
d21lewis said:

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were both excellent. I would hate for the Wii U port of Arkham City to get slammed for being a late port out of some cynical snarky attitude on the part of the reviewer. I do want to know if the Gamepad "additions" either enhance or harm the experience.

I think conceptually it makes sense that Batman utility belt being simulated with the Gamepad is an opportunity to make the game a little better or freshly interesting.

I think that it should lose points for being an older game.  If I could get the same game for 2/3 of the price, that should definitely impact the score.  Unless the Wii U graphics and controls are a big improvement, the scores should be lower.

Sorry I went a little crazy and guessed for all of them.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (90)
Skylanders Giants (77)
Transformers Prime (61)
Wipeout 3 (55)
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (82)
FIFA Soccer 13 (83)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (84)
New Super Mario Bros. U (85)
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (68)
Nintendo Land (81)
Sing Party (70)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (78)
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (75)
Darksiders II (82)
Assassin's Creed III (84)
ESPN Sports Connection (65)
Just Dance 4 (75)
Rabbids Land (76)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (77)
ZombiU (87)
Scribblenauts Unlimited (81)
Game Party Champions (41)
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (91)