By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - October

Ethically, I am against this sort of lists. If someone is ashamed of a bannable act that he has committed, there is no need to rub it in his face.

*yawn*

Anyway, it's not my site. Do whatever you want.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
^Haven't you noticed that people troll elsewhere and then come here for actual intelligent debate? The mod system here is excellent, there is no need to test loosening up, we have the best recipe this far. There are loopholes but that would only lead to think that it would be good to tighten, not loosen up.

Bingo. A precedent for strict rules along with a general moderator rule of thumb involving not being as strict as maybe we could be, and we keep things going while making sure the probelm posters reform or get crushed.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I would probably get banned for trolling the vita but I never have to since it trolls itself every week with its sales numbers.

Dodece said:
@happydolphin

I am sorry, but that sounds entirely pretentious, and entirely undeserved. I was on these forums in their heyday, and I know that is actually the opposite of the truth. If you think the conversation on these forums today is so incredibly smart then back then you would have felt like a toddler walking among giants. The current conversation is very much superficial. There isn't much in the way of deep thought, intelligent presentation, or well developed logic. For the most part it is just opinion rather then understanding.

This notion that growth, or a lot of voices degrades the final product is complete bullshit, and frankly if your kind of thinking runs this site into the ground. You aren't exactly the one left holding the bag now are you. The thing you aren't getting is yes more people means more trolls, and more dead heads, but it also means you get some more smart people as well. In fact you need more foot traffic to get those kinds of people.

You know there was a time when the staff of this site was actively interested in growing this site. Growing the number of users is important for that. So has the plan changed. Are future plans for expansion, or improvements being scrapped entirely. You see the problem you have with my idea is you know that I am right. I think your problem has less to do with what is right for the community, and more to do with perpetuating the status quo to maintain a lofty opinion of yourself.

I suppose you can want to be a big fish in a puny pond, but its a hell of a lot better to be a little fish in a big ocean as far as I am concerned. How about you make this your primary focus, and use some other place as a quiet little dive. It doesn't seem to matter where that is. Here its kind of a waste considering all the attached material that is screaming to be used.

I think you are pretentious and know little of the community and judge without knowledge. I'd like you to know that this is my second account, I have been a registered member here since 2009. Don't project your ego on me, a trait most people who actually know me are aware of is that I constantly challenge the status quo. Take a look at this thread to see it in action and you will see how desperately wrong you are.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149323

Instead of your constant tl;drs, why don't you try actually integrating back into the community so you can actually know what you're talking about.

To me, this is a legitimate case of "if it aint broke, don't fix it".

I wish we had list like these back when trashy mods like ssj12 were abusing their power daily.

I still don't know how that guy got to be a mod. Probably one of the worst mistakes on this site. Did he blackmail the staff? He was flaming people left and right before he got modded, I just can't imagine anyone reading his posts and thinking "that's a responsible user."

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
brendude13 said:
MDMAlliance said:
My mod history is clean. It's because I'm such a good little boy. I always wear a condom.

Reported for putting "little boy" and "condom" in the same sentence.

They aren't in the same sentence.  It's just consecutive. 

Can't believe I didn't spot that, grammar fail.

ingore me im drunk

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Ethically, I am against this sort of lists. If someone is ashamed of a bannable act that he has committed, there is no need to rub it in his face.

*yawn*

Anyway, it's not my site. Do whatever you want.

I disagree, I'm on the list a couple of times and although I think my ban was severe (as I'm sure most do on the list). It's a reminder of where you're going wrong. I don't think anyone is personally ashamed by a ban. You do the crime, you do the time and all that nonsense.

LOL at Manbearpigs moderation history! is he addicted to penis pictures? XD

This was cool. Didn't know this had a report.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.