By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2012 Election Center: The Main Event - Obama Wins

Of the two main candidates for president, who will win?

Barack Obama 245 75.85%

Mitt Romney 73 22.60%

Total:318
insomniac17 said:
mrstickball said:
4 years from now, I don't think you're going to be as happy as you are tonight.

It'll be fun watching the country and how it deals with a ~$20 trillion debt and higher interest rates.

If I wasn't poor, I'd be tempted to follow TheRealMafoo. 

Anyone have a vote total for Johnson?

Currently standing at a paltry 0.93%, or just over a million votes.

Very disappointing, especially after earlier poll figures of 3-4%. It seems people still aren't ready for a third party.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
thanks again so new hampshire was the last republican state up there,i guess when texas goes more hispanic then the republicans are pretty much finished i assume texas has a lot of electoral votes

colorado,new mexico,virginia and i think iowa can swing about a bit by the looks of things

I hadn't thought of it like that, but I suppose you could be right. Southern Texas voted overwhelmingly in favor of Obama this year; northern and eastern Texas still lean heavily Republican. I don't think that will change dramatically before the next election. You were right, though -- Texas is the second-largest state by population, so has the second-most electoral votes (after California). Florida and New York are tied for third.

New Mexico seems to have been leaning more Democrat than Republican recently, probably due to the high hispanic population. Colorado and Iowa do seem pretty swingy since the 90s. The funny thing about Virginia is that Obama was the first Democrat to carry it since LBJ in 1968, so while I wouldn't have considered it a swing state 8 years ago, it definitely seems to be one now.

Well, that's a relief.
Congrats Americans :) You won't have to deal with another crazy guy for four years.

I LOVE ICELAND!

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss of freedom and danced in his path and gave him triumphal processions. Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the 'new, wonderful, good society' which shall now be Rome's, interpreted to mean: more money, more ease, more security, more living fatly at the expense of the industrious." -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Trump deleted his tweets XD.

Btw..Summary of the election night => 

Around the Network

Finally everything is over. I was tired of this whole thing. Good that Obama won.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

Lol Trump,

Todd Akin - defeated
Richard Mourdock - defeated

Bad day to be a rapist.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

the_dengle said:

In 1976, the Democrat won Texas while the Republican won California!

1968:

I'm not familiar with American history, why does Reagan have just one vote inside the north western most province in the 1976 map?

And why is there a third candidate in the 1968 election? Is that a Republican candidate? :S

TeddostheFireKing said:

I'm not familiar with American history, why does Reagan have just one vote inside the north western most province in the 1976 map?

And why is there a third candidate in the 1968 election? Is that a Republican candidate? :S

One elector defected to Reagan in '76, and George Wallace stood as the candidate for the American Independent Party after falling out with the Democrats over segregation.