By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2012 Election Center: The Main Event - Obama Wins

Of the two main candidates for president, who will win?

Barack Obama 245 75.85%

Mitt Romney 73 22.60%

Total:318

Good to see fox news responding like a gentleman:

BIAS ALERT:
How Media Tipped
Scales in Obama's Favo
r

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
mrstickball said:
4 years from now, I don't think you're going to be as happy as you are tonight.

It'll be fun watching the country and how it deals with a ~$20 trillion debt and higher interest rates.

It's too bad because electing Mitt would've solved the problem immediately.

Where did I insinuate that?

I said 4 years. Not 1.

4 years from now, you will have 8 years of federal policy dictated by Obama. That will probably look a lot like 8 years of federal policy dictated by Bush. Its not going to look good, because Obama has been incomptent on the economy. There is no hope in sight (7.9% official unemployment, 14.6% U6), and I see little that will give businesses a brighter future.

4 years from now, our unemployment will likely be 7-9% with the U6 number at 14-15%. That would be the worst economy we've had since the great depression. I hope I'm wrong.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

spurgeonryan said:
I mean percentage including gary J. But thanks! That is sort of close. Always comes down to florida it seems.

Gary just hit 1 million votes nationwide.

FYI:

Candidate (Party) Electoral
votes States
carried Popular
vote Pct.
Obama (Democratic) 303 25+DC 57,538,411 49.86%
Romney (Republican) 206 24 55,720,745 48.65%
Johnson (Libertarian) 0 0 1,055,932 0.94%
Stein (Green) 0 0 354,697 0.32%
Anderson (Justice) 0 0 31,460 0.03%
Goode (Constitution) 0 0 3,043 0.003%
Others 0 0 222,933 0.20%
Total 538 51 111,998,925 100.00%

mrstickball said:

4 years from now, you will have 8 years of federal policy dictated by Obama.

Sweet. After only 4 years under Obama, my parents' 401k is back where it was before the '08 crash, plus some. We are, as some might say, "better off than we were four years ago." I'm quite optimistic about the next four years.

Around the Network

What a bunch of fools. Let's keep bringing in that debt and giving away money to immigrants!

well done Obama,was it that close in the end as the evenin went on,pretty much everyone knew obama would win

steve jobs was wrong then when he said obama was a one term president in a doco i watched a while ago

so do the states up in the north east ever vote repbublican like new hampshire,maine,massachusetts,vermont etc or are they always and ever will be democratic states

Republicans should have got a female candidate in for this election,the democrats will trump them again with hilary clinton next time,the republicans should find a hispanic candidate to run against her

Above & Beyond

So... you guys think Horrorfest is happy with the results? >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

zuvuyeay said:

so do the states up in the north east ever vote repbublican like new hampshire,maine,massachusetts,vermont etc or are they always and ever will be democratic states

The close races we've had in the past four elections are actually kind of unusual. It seems in the past, landslide victories for a single candidate were pretty common. Democrats winning southern and midwestern states, republicans winning northeastern states.

1984:

1980:

In 1976, the Democrat won Texas while the Republican won California!

Our political map has almost completely reversed in just 36 years. I wouldn't be suprised if it looked much different next election -- it depends on the candidates. If the Dems put forward a nice white southern boy like Bill Clinton, they can carry those southern states. But that probably won't happen. If the Republicans nominate someone who is actually moderate, they could probably carry those states from Minnesota to Pennsylvania, and maybe some of the farther north states. Of course, assuming neither of the candidates completely blows the other away.

Older election results --

1972 (this was the year Nixon was so insecure about his chances of victory that... well, look up the Watergate Scandal):

1968:

1964:

Congratulations America on once again thwarting the forces of evil =)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.