By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fires back at critics who say they rehash their games

^oh this oughta be interesting!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

I can do it without breaking out the downloadable titles. :P

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

cyberninja45 said:
riderz13371 said:

spurgeonryan said:
If you are going to rehash then do it Nintendo style. They always put all they got into them. Even Sunshine Mario was really creative.

"You're princess is in another castle!" isn't creative after the 50th time. Yeah I know all Mario games don't have that finding your princess thing or w.e but seriously come on. When are they gonna let Mario go. Theres been like over 200 games with him making appearances in them. 

How did you get Iwata to address you directly ?

When you're part of a hive mind you can't really say he's directly addressing you. He's addressing your collective hive mind.

F0X said:
DanneSandin said:

I can do it without breaking out the downloadable titles. :P

no doubt about it, i just wanna see if riderz is up for the challange!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Activision could say that same thing about Call of Duty.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Activision could say that same thing about Call of Duty.

They probably should. Also Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Nintendo rehashes their games wow i didn't know that? *sarcasm*

Sub zero and riderz have a point. Mario is used way too often. I personally prefer Sony's method of making a mildly successful to unsuccessful series and releasing titles until said series is dead. That way, you are always kept on your toes and releasing new ips, which is what gamers truly want. The only downside is that after 20 years on the market when you want to make a cross over fighter, you realize you never nurtured any iconic characters or really any character that people will remember if you survive 20 more years.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Nsanity said:

Without ongoing innovation, even Mario and Pokémon would have lost their popularity long before.

That's like saying, "Without ongoing innovation, even crack would have lost its popularity."

Why people keep saying Nintendo rehashes their games!? Come on people how many time times have we seen:

Fire Emblem
Star Fox
Golden Sun
F-Zero
Earthbound
Kid Icarus
Pikmin
Metroid
Zelda

Just to name a few. Sure I want Nintendo to make new IP's but the only character they rehash is Mario (and Pokemon), so everyone should stop this BS...

Nintendo and PC gamer