By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V coming Spring 2013 to PS3, X360. UPDATE: it's official now, R* confirms

Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

facepalm...runqvist actually summed up the issue nicely. THere is no conspiracy Khan...just get over it. I can understand some fans wanting the game bad but you have to look at this objectively

R* built a solid fanbase on the ps360 this gen via GTA4. They know the sales are guranteed to meet their expectations on those consoles. Who do we blame for the game not being on the wii? Nintendo for making hardware that's well behind the others. Now you think just becuase we have a new console in the horizon R* should start supporting it (without any 'encouragement' from Ninty)? How does that make any sense from a business stand point? No one knows how well or bad the system will do sales wise. It would be smarter to wait and see.

Seriously....I'm not even sure what your 'argument' is now for R* to put the game out on wiiu along side ps360...thar R* should do it out of sympathy or something?

That R* should do it because it will make them money. Porting costs are quite low for a high profile game, and unless its totally gimped or made into a ripoff (ME3), it will easily sell enough to make back the money put in, several times over.

Passing up an opportunity to make money for a business is irrational. So it points to 3rd parties being either biased or stupid, and if they're not biased, they're pretty damn moronic, and if they're not stupid, they're pretty damn biased.

irrational huh?

so when a game is fully coded and running on a machine but never leaves japan...  the business is irrational??

Around the Network

Its not on pc either... 

There's reasons for it not to release it on PC immediately, (piracy), special controls.

Reasons for it not to release on wii u immediatly include: demographic, waiting to see and make sure it sells, resources (resources spent on this could be spent on making new GTAV expansion which would make them more money). Lack of reliable known wii-u porting company, Making it take advantage of the Wii U's features (like PC), any combination of multiple factors, etc.

How many of the GTA5 wii-u sales would have been PS3 or 360 sales anyways?

Maybe there's some irrational ideas in their thinking. But they're only human.

but khan likes to be dramatic like bella from twilight.

kitler53 said:
Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

facepalm...runqvist actually summed up the issue nicely. THere is no conspiracy Khan...just get over it. I can understand some fans wanting the game bad but you have to look at this objectively

R* built a solid fanbase on the ps360 this gen via GTA4. They know the sales are guranteed to meet their expectations on those consoles. Who do we blame for the game not being on the wii? Nintendo for making hardware that's well behind the others. Now you think just becuase we have a new console in the horizon R* should start supporting it (without any 'encouragement' from Ninty)? How does that make any sense from a business stand point? No one knows how well or bad the system will do sales wise. It would be smarter to wait and see.

Seriously....I'm not even sure what your 'argument' is now for R* to put the game out on wiiu along side ps360...thar R* should do it out of sympathy or something?

That R* should do it because it will make them money. Porting costs are quite low for a high profile game, and unless its totally gimped or made into a ripoff (ME3), it will easily sell enough to make back the money put in, several times over.

Passing up an opportunity to make money for a business is irrational. So it points to 3rd parties being either biased or stupid, and if they're not biased, they're pretty damn moronic, and if they're not stupid, they're pretty damn biased.

irrational huh?

so when a game is fully coded and running on a machine but never leaves japan...  the business is irrational??

Yes. I never said Nintendo's localization policies were smart.

Though in the cases of some of those Japanese games, they *are* niche enough to not be worth localizing. Just not nearly so many as Nintendo thinks.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

ishiki said:

Its not on pc either... 

There's reasons for it not to release it on PC immediately, (piracy).

Reasons for it not to release on wii u include: demographic, waiting to see and make sure it sells, resources (resources spent on this could be spent on making new GTAV expansion which would make them more money). Lack of reliable known wii-u porting company, Making it take advantage of the Wii U's features (like PC), any combination of multiple factors, etc.

So essentially any GC/PS2/Xbox 3rd party exclusive was irrational?

Demographic is a misperception, proven by certain trends of early Wii games. If its because of demographic, its because their market research folks are buying into FUD (as marketing folks too often do), resources for expansion, possibly, although they could put that expansion on Wii U as well and continue to make money. Reliable porting? I thought Rockstar was supposed to be a competent developer (like BioWare <_>), making it take advantage of Wii U's features? A pittance.

Mr Khan said:
ishiki said:

Its not on pc either... 

Reasons for it not to release on wii u include: demographic, waiting to see and make sure it sells, resources (resources spent on this could be spent on making new GTAV expansion which would make them more money). Lack of reliable known wii-u porting company, Making it take advantage of the Wii U's features (like PC), any combination of multiple factors, etc.

Demographic is a misperception, proven by certain trends of early Wii games. If its because of demographic, its because their market research folks are buying into FUD (as marketing folks too often do), resources for expansion, possibly, although they could put that expansion on Wii U as well and continue to make money. Reliable porting? I thought Rockstar was supposed to be a competent developer (like BioWare <_>), making it take advantage of Wii U's features? A pittance.

Do I think it's a bit silly every 360/PS3 game not to be released on PC? Yes, Alan wake made profit in first day after year old port meaning piracy ain't much of a factor against console sales, why don't every dev do this? ZOMG devs have a conspiracy to hate the PC, even though they developed the game on a PC. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Do I think wii-u will get GTA5? Yes, blahbliblah

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Mr Khan said:
ishiki said:

Its not on pc either... 

Do I think it's a bit silly every 360/PS3 game not to be released on PC? Yes, Alan wake made profit in first day after year old port meaning piracy ain't much of a factor against console sales, why don't every dev do this? ZOMG devs have a conspiracy to hate the PC, even though they developed the game on a PC. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Do I think wii-u will get GTA5? Yes, blahbliblah

In the case of PC, it's mostly stupidity about piracy and DRM, and incompetence for not being able to code around multiple card types effectively (like my crash-at-the-drop-of-a-hat copy of KOTOR)

ishiki said:

Its not on pc either... 

There's reasons for it not to release it on PC immediately, (piracy), special controls.

Reasons for it not to release on wii u immediatly include: demographic, waiting to see and make sure it sells, resources (resources spent on this could be spent on making new GTAV expansion which would make them more money). Lack of reliable known wii-u porting company, Making it take advantage of the Wii U's features (like PC), any combination of multiple factors, etc.

Thats the part i am unclear about : /  These guys are doing a global launch and looking to sell 5.5 million by the end of Q2. Everyone will be working on their tax returns by then =X

ishiki said:

Its not on pc either... 

damn, that just happened.

oniyide said:
ishiki said:

Its not on pc either... 

damn, that just happened.

i admitted to watching twilight. yes.

oniyide said:
Gamecube had WAY better support than N64, thats a fact. There multiplat at least came out the same time as others

Thank you! Someone else who knows gamecube was fine for third party support. I thought I was the only one there. Gamecube missed it's fair share of multiplats but most crossed there and it had a huge bunch of exclusives timed and permament.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D