By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V coming Spring 2013 to PS3, X360. UPDATE: it's official now, R* confirms

It beats me how can Mr Khan keen on talking trash at R*. It's not like they made a top 3 DS game ever in GTA: Chinatown Wars and have been supporting the Wii in the beginning... No sir...
After some time they decided to concentrate on the stuff that sold well - the HD AAA games. The Wii wasn't up to standards, their games didn't sell well there, neither did core games from the competition, so they decided to leave that market. Who can blame them? It's not like they owe anything to Nintendo. They tried to get that market, they gave some good games, but decided to go where the money was and where the gamers interested in their games were. Pure, fair business move. Why can't you understand that? Beats me...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

The Xbox got more games. The GC started to get ejected out of multiplatform development as early as 2003. By 2005 there wasn't much left.

Maybe its just the games I'm into. But namco, capcom and sega had pretty much pulled the plug on xbox by the end of 2003. Ea and activision were milking as a whole so threw their games on everything with exceptions. As far as I remember eidos threw only one more hitman game on xbox after 360 came out. I would say xbox was much worse. It also lacked the most third party exclusives. Microsoft were so desperate for third party support they caved to ea even when they were launching 360.

As for the rockstar hate I would think if Mr. Kahn was calling out epic or bethesda the hatred would be justified but rockstar have shown they don't have anything against nintendo. Or at least their fans. It sounds more like its Zelnick himself who has the beef with them. I think he is bluffing.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

Scisca said:
It beats me how can Mr Khan keen on talking trash at R*. It's not like they made a top 3 DS game ever in GTA: Chinatown Wars and have been supporting the Wii in the beginning... No sir...
After some time they decided to concentrate on the stuff that sold well - the HD AAA games. The Wii wasn't up to standards, their games didn't sell well there, neither did core games from the competition, so they decided to leave that market. Who can blame them? It's not like they owe anything to Nintendo. They tried to get that market, they gave some good games, but decided to go where the money was and where the gamers interested in their games were. Pure, fair business move. Why can't you understand that? Beats me...

Because its not fair business sense. They (and this is directed as much at Take Two as Rockstar, as CCFanboy indicated) are avoiding the Wii U out of either stupidity or maliciousness, or some mix of both.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

when is it coming in spring? I hope it comes out in early spring,rather then late spring.

Mr Khan said:
Scisca said:

Because its not fair business sense. They (and this is directed as much at Take Two as Rockstar, as CCFanboy indicated) are avoiding the Wii U out of either stupidity or maliciousness, or some mix of both.

The thing is, everybody except of you agrees, that it is a fair and totally reasonable business move. There are no signs of R* ignoring Nintendo consoles and there have never been any such signs. You just stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the fact that white is white and black is black and keep talking crap about a company that doesn't deserve any of that. If they don't release a Wii U port together with the PC version later on, you may possibly have some argument, though it still depends on how good the Wii U and core games on it sell the next 6 month. As for now - these is nothing to back up your hate towards R*.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.