By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V coming Spring 2013 to PS3, X360. UPDATE: it's official now, R* confirms

runqvist said:
JOKA_ said:
The attitudes/opinions of some people in here absolutely astound me. Why the fuck would Rockstar be "plotting" and "scheming" the downfall of Nintendo? Its ridiculous.

Well the other option would be to think that there is something that nintendo does wrong... that can't be.

Also your post might be considered "saying less-than-nice things about nintendo fans", which could lead to a ban.

Nintendo has their problems, of course, but the third-party snubs are mostly third parties' fault.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
se7en7thre3 said:
I can understand why the Wii U version is not ready for launch, however, I think R* has an underlying $elfish motive. Obviously, the Wii U version of GTA V would be far superior to the PS360 versions, so instead of releasing it side by side, they want to capitalize on idiots, I mean consumers, to "DOUBLE DIP". Also, had R* announced a Wii U version for a later date, then many would have opted to wait for that superior version.

However, I see through this evil business tactic and will not bite. GTA IV was my fav. and most played game of this (past) gen, but I do not give a mother****, there BETTER be a Wii U version or I won't buy. Don't **** with us now, there are no excuses.

This doesnt make sense, as the superior version will be on PC anyway. Double dip? people arent going to buy Wii U just to play GTA5, not when they already own PS360/PC. They might buy Wii U, but if it doesnt come to that system, i gaurantee that most wont throw a hissy fit and miss out on a good game. Only a small minortiy of people will do that.

CCFanboy said:
Kantor said:
I think they're probably waiting to see about the Wii U. They don't have as much faith in it as some other companies appear to, but if the system sells well, and games like ME3 and Arkham City are successful, they'll probably go ahead and develop a Wii U version.

Anyway, good news and hopefully it can stick to that date.

This is the thing though man. If they have mass effect 3, batman, ninja gaiden, assassin's creed etc. they should have gta by default. Lets say for a minute I believe nintendo have to 'prove' a point. Gta is the game you use to prove it. Not the game you receive for proving it. When you are after a "mature" audience rockstar are the first people you get on board. If they don't have gta they shouldn't have bothered with anything else. That is why rockstar are so heavily clamoured. They are pretty much the face of that part.

I personally believe a wii u version has long been in development. They just don't have the resources to put to it properly yet.

This is me looking at it entirely from a business perspective on nintendo's part. Nintendo have really shot themselves in the foot if they failed to get anything here. It would have probably been more beneficial to look to konami or square enix instead.

This makes no sense, what do any of those games have to do with GTA and R*, none of those are the same company and i doubt R* cares that much about what EA, WB, Ubi or anybody else is doing, WIi U or not. Thats the flaw in the logic not all 3rd parties are created equally and some will choose to support and some may choose not to. Its not really a big deal.

oniyide said:
CCFanboy said:
Kantor said:
I think they're probably waiting to see about the Wii U. They don't have as much faith in it as some other companies appear to, but if the system sells well, and games like ME3 and Arkham City are successful, they'll probably go ahead and develop a Wii U version.

This is the thing though man. If they have mass effect 3, batman, ninja gaiden, assassin's creed etc. they should have gta by default. Lets say for a minute I believe nintendo have to 'prove' a point. Gta is the game you use to prove it. Not the game you receive for proving it. When you are after a "mature" audience rockstar are the first people you get on board. If they don't have gta they shouldn't have bothered with anything else. That is why rockstar are so heavily clamoured. They are pretty much the face of that part.

I personally believe a wii u version has long been in development. They just don't have the resources to put to it properly yet.

This is me looking at it entirely from a business perspective on nintendo's part. Nintendo have really shot themselves in the foot if they failed to get anything here. It would have probably been more beneficial to look to konami or square enix instead.

This makes no sense, what do any of those games have to do with GTA and R*, none of those are the same company and i doubt R* cares that much about what EA, WB, Ubi or anybody else is doing, WIi U or not. Thats the flaw in the logic not all 3rd parties are created equally and some will choose to support and some may choose not to. Its not really a big deal.

If you're multiplatting games, it either goes everywhere, or bias. It's pretty simple.

Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
CCFanboy said:
Kantor said:

If you're multiplatting games, it either goes everywhere, or bias. It's pretty simple.

Tell that to the Wii and its inability to run probably 50 percent of the games released on HD consoles PC properly. Believe what you want, at the end of the day, its all speculation and you have no proof either way.

Around the Network

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised by March they announce it for Wii-U to be released June-July. ^.^

oniyide said:
se7en7thre3 said:
I can understand why the Wii U version is not ready for launch, however, I think R* has an underlying $elfish motive. Obviously, the Wii U version of GTA V would be far superior to the PS360 versions, so instead of releasing it side by side, they want to capitalize on idiots, I mean consumers, to "DOUBLE DIP". Also, had R* announced a Wii U version for a later date, then many would have opted to wait for that superior version.

However, I see through this evil business tactic and will not bite. GTA IV was my fav. and most played game of this (past) gen, but I do not give a mother****, there BETTER be a Wii U version or I won't buy. Don't **** with us now, there are no excuses.

This doesnt make sense, as the superior version will be on PC anyway. Double dip? people arent going to buy Wii U just to play GTA5, not when they already own PS360/PC. They might buy Wii U, but if it doesnt come to that system, i gaurantee that most wont throw a hissy fit and miss out on a good game. Only a small minortiy of people will do that.

When I first saw the Wii U gamepad, 2 things quickly came to mind:

1. Madden

2. GTA

If you don't think that U gamepad, in a gadget laden game like GTA, gives the Wii U the ultimate version then you're on some ----

Mr Khan said:
runqvist said:
JOKA_ said:
The attitudes/opinions of some people in here absolutely astound me. Why the fuck would Rockstar be "plotting" and "scheming" the downfall of Nintendo? Its ridiculous.

Well the other option would be to think that there is something that nintendo does wrong... that can't be.

Also your post might be considered "saying less-than-nice things about nintendo fans", which could lead to a ban.

Nintendo has their problems, of course, but the third-party snubs are mostly third parties' fault.

I'm not sure if I should get my sarcasm detector fixed....cuz this surely has to be sarcasm

OT: I HOPE there's at least a months gap between this release and GOW:A. Would like to play they both around launch

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
runqvist said:

I'm not sure if I should get my sarcasm detector fixed....cuz this surely has to be sarcasm

OT: I HOPE there's at least a months gap between this release and GOW:A. Would like to play they both around launch

Had i the disposable time, i would compose a list of grievances and build the proof that third parties have been screwing Nintendo over for no reason for years. The GameCube era was the beginning of when they had no excuse, only half an excuse for Wii, and now again no excuse for Wii U. Every third party snub that isn't a moneyhat is proof of third party bias from this point forward, starting with GTAV. Full stop, no further discussion.

se7en7thre3 said:
oniyide said:
se7en7thre3 said:

When I first saw the Wii U gamepad, 2 things quickly came to mind:

1. Madden

2. GTA

If you don't think that U gamepad, in a gadget laden game like GTA, gives the Wii U the ultimate version then you're on some ----

Well I thought about:

1. METROID PRIME sequel <---common who wouldn't?  I have gut feeling it might even be GAME of the YEAR  and with some recent HIRES for RETRO STUDIO.

2. GTA / SAINTS ROW

3. ZELDA <- due to even quicker access to his weapons and map. I mean Link.