By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V coming Spring 2013 to PS3, X360. UPDATE: it's official now, R* confirms

Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
runqvist said:

Well the other option would be to think that there is something that nintendo does wrong... that can't be.

Also your post might be considered "saying less-than-nice things about nintendo fans", which could lead to a ban.

Nintendo has their problems, of course, but the third-party snubs are mostly third parties' fault.

I'm not sure if I should get my sarcasm detector fixed....cuz this surely has to be sarcasm

OT: I HOPE there's at least a months gap between this release and GOW:A. Would like to play they both around launch

Had i the disposable time, i would compose a list of grievances and build the proof that third parties have been screwing Nintendo over for no reason for years. The GameCube era was the beginning of when they had no excuse, only half an excuse for Wii, and now again no excuse for Wii U. Every third party snub that isn't a moneyhat is proof of third party bias from this point forward, starting with GTAV. Full stop, no further discussion.

-_- I find it amusing that you put no fault on the hands on Nintendo themselves. Is it really so hard to understand that this, god forbid, might be a BUSINESS DECISION? A smart one at that. 

R* is a business. If they feel it's noth worth the trouble putting it on the wiiu...they won't. IF wiiu exceeds their expectations I wouldn't be surprised to see a port down the road

but as it stands..i see absolutely nothing wrong with this. If Nintendo want it real bad...they can always persuade them and make it worthwhile. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:

Had i the disposable time, i would compose a list of grievances and build the proof that third parties have been screwing Nintendo over for no reason for years. The GameCube era was the beginning of when they had no excuse, only half an excuse for Wii, and now again no excuse for Wii U. Every third party snub that isn't a moneyhat is proof of third party bias from this point forward, starting with GTAV. Full stop, no further discussion.

-_- I find it amusing that you put no fault on the hands on Nintendo themselves. Is it really so hard to understand that this, god forbid, might be a BUSINESS DECISION? A smart one at that. 

R* is a business. If they feel it's noth worth the trouble putting it on the wiiu...they won't. IF wiiu exceeds their expectations I wouldn't be surprised to see a port down the road

but as it stands..i see absolutely nothing wrong with this. If Nintendo want it real bad...they can always persuade them and make it worthwhile. 

Let's break it down here:

N64 complaint: no discs, cartridges bad

Nintendo fix: GameCube

result: no improved support.

GameCube complaint: No online.

Nintendo fix: Nintendo WiFi Connection, which was indeed bad from a gamer's standpoint, but was super-easy to implement and developers were free to use their own systems at need

Wii complaints: underpowered, non-centralized network, poor online shop, no patch system

Nintendo fix: Wii U

result? hmm...

Seems to me like Nintendo is always trying to accomodate, and every time is getting pissed on.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

se7en7thre3 said:
oniyide said:
se7en7thre3 said:
I can understand why the Wii U version is not ready for launch, however, I think R* has an underlying $elfish motive. Obviously, the Wii U version of GTA V would be far superior to the PS360 versions, so instead of releasing it side by side, they want to capitalize on idiots, I mean consumers, to "DOUBLE DIP". Also, had R* announced a Wii U version for a later date, then many would have opted to wait for that superior version.

However, I see through this evil business tactic and will not bite. GTA IV was my fav. and most played game of this (past) gen, but I do not give a mother****, there BETTER be a Wii U version or I won't buy. Don't **** with us now, there are no excuses.

This doesnt make sense, as the superior version will be on PC anyway. Double dip? people arent going to buy Wii U just to play GTA5, not when they already own PS360/PC. They might buy Wii U, but if it doesnt come to that system, i gaurantee that most wont throw a hissy fit and miss out on a good game. Only a small minortiy of people will do that.

When I first saw the Wii U gamepad, 2 things quickly came to mind:

1. Madden

2. GTA

If you don't think that U gamepad, in a gadget laden game like GTA, gives the Wii U the ultimate version then you're on some ---

LOL the cell phone? please. yeah the touchscreen stuff was really great in Chinatown Wars. ANd the PC version will most likely look better, run better, plus will have the mod tools, if you dont think that that is better than some touch screen stuff that would probably be tacked on anyway, then you are on something.

Lololololololol

Its not on pc either... Yet. Panties in bunch.

Theres reasons they feel a about releasing  PC differently (piracy). Reasons for wii u(demographic, waiting to see and make sure it sells, etc)

ishiki said:

Lololololololol

Pits not on of either... Yet. Panties in bunch

... what?

Around the Network

Gamecube had WAY better support than N64, thats a fact. There multiplat at least came out the same time as others

Mr Khan said:

Nintendo fix: Nintendo WiFi Connection, which was indeed bad from a gamer's standpoint, but was super-easy to implement and developers were free to use their own systems at need

Wii complaints: underpowered, non-centralized network, poor online shop, no patch system

result? hmm...

Seems to me like Nintendo is always trying to accomodate, and every time is getting pissed on.

So what you are really saying that Nintendo catch up with previous generation and wondered why they did not get the 3rd party games. Ok, that clears it up.

Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:

result? hmm...

facepalm...runqvist actually summed up the issue nicely. THere is no conspiracy Khan...just get over it. I can understand some fans wanting the game bad but you have to look at this objectively

R* built a solid fanbase on the ps360 this gen via GTA4. They know the sales are guranteed to meet their expectations on those consoles. Who do we blame for the game not being on the wii? Nintendo for making hardware that's well behind the others. Now you think just becuase we have a new console in the horizon R* should start supporting it (without any 'encouragement' from Ninty)? How does that make any sense from a business stand point? No one knows how well or bad the system will do sales wise. It would be smarter to wait and see.

Seriously....I'm not even sure what your 'argument' is now for R* to put the game out on wiiu along side ps360...thar R* should do it out of sympathy or something?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:

result? hmm...

facepalm...runqvist actually summed up the issue nicely. THere is no conspiracy Khan...just get over it. I can understand some fans wanting the game bad but you have to look at this objectively

R* built a solid fanbase on the ps360 this gen via GTA4. They know the sales are guranteed to meet their expectations on those consoles. Who do we blame for the game not being on the wii? Nintendo for making hardware that's well behind the others. Now you think just becuase we have a new console in the horizon R* should start supporting it (without any 'encouragement' from Ninty)? How does that make any sense from a business stand point? No one knows how well or bad the system will do sales wise. It would be smarter to wait and see.

Seriously....I'm not even sure what your 'argument' is now for R* to put the game out on wiiu along side ps360...thar R* should do it out of sympathy or something?

That R* should do it because it will make them money. Porting costs are quite low for a high profile game, and unless its totally gimped or made into a ripoff (ME3), it will easily sell enough to make back the money put in, several times over.

Passing up an opportunity to make money for a business is irrational. So it points to 3rd parties being either biased or stupid, and if they're not biased, they're pretty damn moronic, and if they're not stupid, they're pretty damn biased.

runqvist said:
Mr Khan said:

result? hmm...

So what you are really saying that Nintendo catch up with previous generation and wondered why they did not get the 3rd party games. Ok, that clears it up.

I loled at this.

And who said porting costs was cheap? Cause all engines are built equally. LOL