By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V coming Spring 2013 to PS3, X360. UPDATE: it's official now, R* confirms

CCFanboy said:
oniyide said:
Gamecube had WAY better support than N64, thats a fact. There multiplat at least came out the same time as others

Thank you! Someone else who knows gamecube was fine for third party support. I thought I was the only one there. Gamecube missed it's fair share of multiplats but most crossed there and it had a huge bunch of exclusives timed and permament.

The irony of that statement being that Rockstar (or DMA as they were known then) were one of Nintendo's "dreamteam" developers in the N64 era, but have basically ignored them ever since...

VGChartz

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

The irony of that statement being that Rockstar (or DMA as they were known then) were one of Nintendo's "dreamteam" developers in the N64 era, but have basically ignored them ever since...

Smugglers run, handheld games, table tennis, manhunt 2, bully..... yeah they've been ignoring them alright......

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

CCFanboy said:
oniyide said:
Gamecube had WAY better support than N64, thats a fact. There multiplat at least came out the same time as others

Thank you! Someone else who knows gamecube was fine for third party support. I thought I was the only one there. Gamecube missed it's fair share of multiplats but most crossed there and it had a huge bunch of exclusives timed and permament.

No, most people know, its just that some people are being dramatic. You got to be blind to think otherwise. GC had the best 3rd party support of the last three Ninty home consoles by far, which is funny since it sold the worst. Guess there is something for making hardware that is not so stupidly different from everyone else.  Some fans will never admit that GC had decent support because then there whole Ninty bias conspiracy theory falls flat on its face.

CCFanboy said:
milkyjoe said:

Smugglers run, handheld games, table tennis, manhunt 2, bully..... yeah they've been ignoring them alright......

maybe ignore is the wrong word, but looking at that list, Ninty is definately not a priority for them.

CCFanboy said:
milkyjoe said:

See, when I said 'basically ignored', I meant they've not put many of their major games on Nintendo systems. Bully is pretty much the only one of those that I would class as an important Rockstar game, and that was a late port (a generation late, in fact). I've never even heard of Smugglers Run, despite loving most things Rockstar have done...

But anyway, it's still pretty funny that this has become something about wider third party support over the respective generations, given the above. The company that is now Rockstar initially decided to throw their full weight behind the N64, even going so far as to enter into a partnership with Nintendo. That went sour for a variety of reasons, and it's debatable whether or not that fallout is still the source of some of their decisions regarding putting games on Nintendo platforms.

For Rockstar at least, the GC was not the Nintendo console that saw the most important support. It was (like the Wii, despite the differing reasons) the console which missed out on most of the major Rockstar games of the time, which is why trying to equate the wider third party situation with this case is a little fallacious.

VGChartz

Around the Network

Smugglers run was only the second best ps2 launch title behind tekken. I have been hoping rockstar do a hd collection or something. So much better then midnight club in my view.

For these'bad blood' stories. I think it is incredibly stupid for any company to carry a grudge and let it effect their support for a system. They are completely shooting themselves in the foot. I think since Iwata took over third parties have had different views towards them though. John Carmack has said they aren't the same company they fell out with years ago. Nowadays I'm hearing more sour relationships with microsoft. Both bungie and rare have fallen out with them.

As for rockstar I think it depends on how much you want from them. I think they will have something on wii u at some point.

oniyide said:
CCFanboy said:
oniyide said:

No, most people know, its just that some people are being dramatic. You got to be blind to think otherwise. GC had the best 3rd party support of the last three Ninty home consoles by far, which is funny since it sold the worst. Guess there is something for making hardware that is not so stupidly different from everyone else.  Some fans will never admit that GC had decent support because then there whole Ninty bias conspiracy theory falls flat on its face.

Gimped ports and often no ports at all. GC had bad support.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

It had good support. oniyide is dead right. It had a lot of games built specifically for the hardware. Most games shared with ps2 actually started on gamecube exclusively. It also had better ports then xbox. It missed a lot of big western developers but it kept people who enjoyed it perfectly happy for the most part. Yeah its no secret it missed some bigger releases but it had the majority of big name multiplats.

CCFanboy said:
Mr Khan said:

It had good support. oniyide is dead right. It had a lot of games built specifically for the hardware. Most games shared with ps2 actually started on gamecube exclusively. It also had better ports then xbox. It missed a lot of big western developers but it kept people who enjoyed it perfectly happy for the most part. Yeah its no secret it missed some bigger releases but it had the majority of big name multiplats.

He must live in some alternate dimension because i would love to know what these gimped ports are, hell most of my multiplat last gen I bought on GC because they were better, Sonic Heroes, Soul Calibur 2, just to name a few. I get the no ports on some games, Silent Hill series, but that is still miles better than what Wii or N64 received. If GC got bad support I wonder what xbox got??

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:

He must live in some alternate dimension because i would love to know what these gimped ports are, hell most of my multiplat last gen I bought on GC because they were better, Sonic Heroes, Soul Calibur 2, just to name a few. I get the no ports on some games, Silent Hill series, but that is still miles better than what Wii or N64 received. If GC got bad support I wonder what xbox got??

The Xbox got more games. The GC started to get ejected out of multiplatform development as early as 2003. By 2005 there wasn't much left.

not sure about that, but by that time, they were all gearing up for new consoles anyway.