By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's next handheld console.

The next Nintendo handheld will probably be a fully online device with a huge amount of internal storage. Knowing Nintendo, their next device will keep the touch screen from the DS but change everything else. The next handheld will only have 1 screen

Also, imagine NO cartridges or disks. I predict that the next Nintendo handheld will have games directly downloaded onto the device through an online store accessible through the device.

Imagine an interface like the Wii Menu except with a touch screen. Imagine having a GPS channel, an internet radio channel, an ONLINE chat and Pictochat channel, a channel which displays what your friends on Nintendo WFC are playing, a channel which has weather, news, traffic, IT WILL BE A LIFESTYLE DEVICE.

Nintendo will try to appeal to all demographics. Also, expect a SHOP channel to download retro GB, GBC, GBA, DS, and other systems games. Lastly, expect an internet browsing channel and a Video Chat channel to communicate with friends.

This device will have the capability to display graphics that are more powerful than the original Xbox on a screen which has a "perfect contrast ratio (true black)"

This device will be amazing.

Around the Network

The DS 2 will be released in late 2011 and have the same graphics as the Gamecube.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

arsenalrc15 said:
The next Nintendo handheld will probably be a fully online device with a huge amount of internal storage. Knowing Nintendo, their next device will keep the touch screen from the DS but change everything else. The next handheld will only have 1 screen

Also, imagine NO cartridges or disks. I predict that the next Nintendo handheld will have games directly downloaded onto the device through an online store accessible through the device.

Imagine an interface like the Wii Menu except with a touch screen. Imagine having a GPS channel, an internet radio channel, an ONLINE chat and Pictochat channel, a channel which displays what your friends on Nintendo WFC are playing, a channel which has weather, news, traffic, IT WILL BE A LIFESTYLE DEVICE.

Nintendo will try to appeal to all demographics. Also, expect a SHOP channel to download retro GB, GBC, GBA, DS, and other systems games. Lastly, expect an internet browsing channel and a Video Chat channel to communicate with friends.

This device will have the capability to display graphics that are more powerful than the original Xbox on a screen which has a "perfect contrast ratio (true black)"

This device will be amazing.

That would be pretty expensive, sounds more like something Sony would do.

@super mario

Why would they make the nexgen DS have wii graphics?

mM

I swear there are already 50 threads just like this.

/lock

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@super mario

Why would they make the nexgen DS have wii graphics?

Was that sarcasm? Wii graphics are much better than Gamecube's graphics and Nintendo's handhelds follows this order in terms of graphical power.

Gameboy= NES

Gameboy Advance= Super NES

DS= Nintendo 64

so DS 2= Gamecube 

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Personally, I think they'll do something simpler, they've got a really good model already, why fix what isn't broken?
I think what they'll do is release an updated version that has all the same features, but much higher quality, and without the GBA slot, beef up the ram, higher dpi screens, better quality speakers. Clearing out the GBA slot will make more room for a bigger battery.
Since it's missing the GBA slot, it'll have an adapter card that plugs in to the DS card slot that will let you play GB, GBC, and GBA games.
The stylus will be revamped with a metal body so that it can work just like a radio antenna, extend and collapse much longer than what's currently available.
Instead of having to adjust the contrast in the software, it will have an actual wheel to control the contrast, allowing you to make contrast adjustments without quiting your game.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Grey Acumen said:
Personally, I think they'll do something simpler, they've got a really good model already, why fix what isn't broken?

I fully expect Nintendo's next handheld to actually play the person holding it. It doesn't get much more casual than that, man.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

DS2 will not come out in 2008. The end of 2009 at the earliest but I don't expect that either. Look for a redesigned DS by 2009 or DS2 by 2010. All DS2 really needs is everything DS has improved a little and Gamecube quality graphics.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

2010 at the earliest.