By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U will be sold at a loss

Viper1 said:
Mazty said:
Viper1 said:
Mazty said:
Viper1 said:

I've come to the conclusion that you have no interest in actually coming to any level of understanding and are merely doing all you can to twist Reggie's words to suit your agenda and berate Nintendo.

I'm done.   You and I both know what he intended to mean.  You and I both know the reality of their franchises.    You and I both know you're just trying to take advantage of a sound bite to yank chains.   But worse for you is that everyone else seems to know it too.   

So you think that Reggie would have said that they aren't good at core games even though they are. Yep. Because a random on a forum clearly knows better then the President of NA Nintendo:

"And we also recognize that we don't create that type of content [core games] ourselves. We're not good at it and it's not a key focus area. "

If Nintendo were good at core games he wouldn't have said that. You are in denial. It's not as if the president of a company is going to accidentally say the complete opposite of reality, which is what you are claiming. 

See that post above yours?  Read that one again.  It appears you missed it the first time.

And it appears that you can't even accept what the President of NA Nintendo says. Why is that?

Oh no, I accept what he said just fine.  What I don't accept is your agenda filled interpretation of it.

A quote isn't an interpretation of it, it's a quote:

"And we also recognize that we don't create that type of content [core games] ourselves. We're not good at it and it's not a key focus area. "

See. A quote. Not an interpretation. 

Around the Network
Mazty said:
Viper1 said:

Oh no, I accept what he said just fine.  What I don't accept is your agenda filled interpretation of it.

Everything is an interpretation.  Even direct quotes.   Because everyone has to extract meaning from those words.  Everyone has to make their own interpretation to extract meaning.   

"The sky is blue"
You might interpret that I'm saying the sky is the color blue.   Though I may be implying that the sky is sad.   Even if I did mean the sky is the color blue, you still had to properly interpret it that way.

First you said they don't make any core games.  Then you said the only core games they make are Zelda and Metroid.  Now you're back to the literal quote again.   

The intended interpretation.  Reggies intended meaning.   Seems very clear to everyone except you.  

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Mazty said:
Viper1 said:

Everything is an interpretation.  Even direct quotes.   Because everyone has to extract meaning from those words.  Everyone has to make their own interpretation to extract meaning.   

"The sky is blue"
You might interpret that I'm saying the sky is the color blue.   Though I may be implying that the sky is sad.   Even if I did mean the sky is the color blue, you still had to properly interpret it that way.

First you said they don't make any core games.  Then you said the only core games they make are Zelda and Metroid.  Now you're back to the literal quote again.   

The intended interpretation.  Reggies intended meaning.   Seems very clear to everyone except you.  

If Nintendo made a lot of core games, Reggie would not of said:

There's nothing more to it. Nintendo are not good at core games. They have admitted this. This has led to core gamers moving away from Nintendo. 

Are you telling me that Reggie is wrong and Nintendo are good at making core games? You are right, Reggie wrong?

Mazty said:
Viper1 said:

"The sky is blue"

If Nintendo made a lot of core games, Reggie would not of said:

There's nothing more to it. Nintendo are not good at core games. They have admitted this. This has led to core gamers moving away from Nintendo. 

Are you telling me that Reggie is wrong and Nintendo are good at making core games? You are right, Reggie wrong?

I can't believe this needs to be interpreted for you....again.

They make core games....THEIR core games.   Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Donkey Kong...and on and on.

What they don't make is the TYPE of core games that 3rd parties make.  CoD, BattleField, Halo, Resident Evil and on and on.

Why is this such a damn hard concept for you to understand?  Was obvious to everyone but you.    I hope you get it now after having several of us do our damndest to make you understand.   If you don't after this, can't say we didn't try to help you.

I'm amazed that peopley keep the rant of Matzy, they even don't make any sense, he has been posting the same and only quote that helps him in his way.

Hell, even if it wasn't it focus, it doesn't mean in any way that they don't develop core games. It means they are not good creating the 3rd party core games.

With interpretation of one quote Matzy enveloped every single Nintendo's franchise except Metroid and Zelda as casual games. This is borderline ridiculous, and keeps getting worse as while he defend his position repeating himself and just discarding every other post that refutes him.

On topic, i would guess Nintendo is launching its agressive online campaing to make sure of getting back these losses via the revenue of bulk digital software sales. No now, but certainly a 10% off seduces the gamer to buy more digital content and in their e-shop Nintendo has a bigger share of revenue as they don't have to pay for shipping, handling and storing.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
Apparantly, the Wii U controller will retail at approx $150. This is not a good sign profit margin of the console itself. Although you never know with Nintendo.

http://kotaku.com/5942876/the-wii-us-controllers-are-really-expensive

yep looks like i'll be the onlyone play the (when i buy one) Wiiu as i refuse to pay that much just so someone else can play with. srry friends, your on your own.

ninty software ='s profit so this minuet (likely $50) will be coverd with every unit sold. 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

yep looks like i'll be the onlyone play the (when i buy one) Wiiu as i refuse to pay that much just so someone else can play with. srry friends, your on your own.

Actually, most multiplayer will utilize a combination of 1 GamePad and up to 4 more Wii remotes or Pro Controllers.

No developer is even working on multiplayer that uses 2 GamePad's yet as that feature is still locked by Nintendo.

Viper1 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Actually, most multiplayer will utilize a combination of 1 GamePad and up to 4 more Wii remotes or Pro Controllers.

No developer is even working on multiplayer that uses 2 GamePad's yet as that feature is still locked by Nintendo.

ok, but all others who wish play when it's available, will have to purchase thier onw.

Viper1 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

People were wondering why the Wii U OS takes up so much RAM.  Could they be reserving that "extra space" for a possible 2 gamepad feature later?  Better yet what does the gamepad tax the most on the Wii U?  The processor, RAM, GPU? I have no clue.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Viper1 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

ok, but all others who wish play when it's available, will have to purchase thier onw.

I suppose it really depends on the household.   A home that has multiple gamers way already have invested in a second GamePad.    But it still depends on really how many games push the need for 2 GamePads.   I'm willing to bet that given the expense required that few developers will actually persue game mechanics that require 2 GamePads.   

sethnintendo said:

People were wondering why the Wii U OS takes up so much RAM.  Could they be reserving that "extra space" for a possible 2 gamepad feature later?  Better yet what does the gamepad tax the most on the Wii U?  The processor, RAM, GPU? I have no clue.

It all depends on what the GamePad is being used for.   If it's just a map, it's not likely taxing either of them very much.   If it's a replication of the on screen action, probably taxing the CPU most.    If it's a completely different action view, likely the GPU is being taxed most.