By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U will be sold at a loss

I feared this would come to light, but this was expected. And I believe like many others said that this will just be small loss and not for the long haul, unless Nintendo make a mistake in the near future.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I think his point was that the "big" third party core/hardcore IP are largely irrelevant if they are on Wii or not on the system period.

Which everyone knows is fairly obvious unless you are in massive denial. You're just arguing over semantics.

To bad he didn't say that at all, you are just doing everything you can to make the Wii sound bad. I addressed what he said by saying it does have the biggest ips. Last time I checked Mario has sold more than all of those games besides CoD. GTA got smacked by Mario Kart lol. Mario and Wii series count just as much as the "biggest ip" as CoD and GTA.

Viper1 said:
Mazty said:
Viper1 said:
Mazty said:

Reggie already said that the core games Nintendo does is Zelda and Metroid.

That straw you are grasping at already broke the camels back a few posts ago.  

You can stop now.

*facepalm*

I'm not making this claim - I'm just repeating what Reggie said. You are all arguing with the head of Nintendo. Do you all think you know better then him?

You are making this claim.   You are insinuating that Reggie spoke only of 2 franchises as though he meant they are the only 2 franchises they develop that appeal to core gamers.

THAT is youir claim.   

If Nintendo were good at core games, Reggie wouldn't have said the opposite. End of. 

Mazty said:
Viper1 said:
Mazty said:
Viper1 said:
Mazty said:

You can stop now.

*facepalm*

I'm not making this claim - I'm just repeating what Reggie said. You are all arguing with the head of Nintendo. Do you all think you know better then him?

You are making this claim.   You are insinuating that Reggie spoke only of 2 franchises as though he meant they are the only 2 franchises they develop that appeal to core gamers.

THAT is youir claim.   

If Nintendo were good at core games, Reggie wouldn't have said the opposite. End of. 

I've come to the conclusion that you have no interest in actually coming to any level of understanding and are merely doing all you can to twist Reggie's words to suit your agenda and berate Nintendo.

I'm done.   You and I both know what he intended to mean.  You and I both know the reality of their franchises.    You and I both know you're just trying to take advantage of a sound bite to yank chains.   But worse for you is that everyone else seems to know it too.   

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Mazty said:
Viper1 said:
Mazty said:
Viper1 said:
Mazty said:

You can stop now.

*facepalm*

THAT is youir claim.   

I've come to the conclusion that you have no interest in actually coming to any level of understanding and are merely doing all you can to twist Reggie's words to suit your agenda and berate Nintendo.

I'm done.   You and I both know what he intended to mean.  You and I both know the reality of their franchises.    You and I both know you're just trying to take advantage of a sound bite to yank chains.   But worse for you is that everyone else seems to know it too.   

So you think that Reggie would have said that they aren't good at core games even though they are. Yep. Because a random on a forum clearly knows better then the President of NA Nintendo:

"And we also recognize that we don't create that type of content [core games] ourselves. We're not good at it and it's not a key focus area. "

If Nintendo were good at core games he wouldn't have said that. You are in denial. It's not as if the president of a company is going to accidentally say the complete opposite of reality, which is what you are claiming. 

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Galaki said:
DanneSandin said:
Damn! That's a first for Nintendo!!! Just another evidence that PS4 won't be much stronger than WiiU

People believe Sony can make a console at least 3x stronger than the WiiU at the same price.

I believe them.

Im guessing Sony plans to release a 150 dollar controller?  The majority of Wii U cost is tied up in that.

i agree the controller must be very costly

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Reasons for it being sold at a loss I'd guess is the console is more powerful than assumed, custom parts/design & yes dat controller...

& about that controller, people need to stop spreading that $150 number that only applies to Japan. You can't convert that yen to $ amount straight up, and 'Ill guarantee the gamepad, which will be sold separately in '13, won't cost a penny over $99.

Mazty said:
Viper1 said:

So you think that Reggie would have said that they aren't good at core games even though they are. Yep. Because a random on a forum clearly knows better then the President of NA Nintendo:

"And we also recognize that we don't create that type of content [core games] ourselves. We're not good at it and it's not a key focus area. "

If Nintendo were good at core games he wouldn't have said that. You are in denial. It's not as if the president of a company is going to accidentally say the complete opposite of reality, which is what you are claiming. 

See that post above yours?  Read that one again.  It appears you missed it the first time.

Viper1 said:
Mazty said:
Viper1 said:

See that post above yours?  Read that one again.  It appears you missed it the first time.

And it appears that you can't even accept what the President of NA Nintendo says. Why is that?

Mazty said:
Viper1 said:
Mazty said:
Viper1 said:

And it appears that you can't even accept what the President of NA Nintendo says. Why is that?

Oh no, I accept what he said just fine.  What I don't accept is your agenda filled interpretation of it.