By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What dormant theme/genre etc. do you want to see return?

Tagged games:

A good stealth action game.

I can think of two off hand: Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid. But in the newest Splinter Cell stealth doesn't even matter, you can still shoot your way out of a situation. MGS4 I played a bit but not super extentively so no comment.

I miss good stealth games like the old Splinter Cell where stealth was vital, and No One Lives Forever which is a great game.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

High-quality with high budget (AAA) classic turn-based console JRPG.

Please.

Yes.

That will help reduce the post tramatic disorder I've been suffering since I played FF XIII

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

High budget 3D Platformers.

other then Mario, i haven't seen that many for a long time.

I'd like to see a return to...

1: Futuristic racing games like F-Zero and Extreme G. We've had some amazing sim and arcade style racing games this generation, but nothing like those games I mentioned except for Wipeout HD, though I was never really a fan of the Wipeout series.

2: Space combat / flight games like Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. It's been far too long since I used to blast whomp-rats in my T16 back home.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Space combat (Rogue squadron, Tie fighter)
Space sim (Frontier first encounters style)
Big budget 2D or 3D adventure games (Grim Fandango, Dreamfall longest journey, Riven)
Big budget cinematic platformers (Flashback, Another world, Oddworld)
Rally racing (Europe still has WRC, DiRT is not rally anymore)
Flight sim (about time consoles get one)
Big budget top down couch co-op rpgs (Baldur's gate dark alliance style)
Survival horror (Silent hill 2, Siren blood curse)
Imaginative RTS games (Populous, Dungeon keeper)

Around the Network

Dinosaurs WTF they gone extinct this gen :(

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Beat 'em ups (BattleToads, Streets of Rage, TMNT)

Good turn-based RPGs (Xenogears, Final Fantasy before X, Suikoden)

3D platformers (Spyro the Dragon, Jak & Daxter, Banjo Kazooie)

Racing games that didn't involve cars or motorcycles (Jet Moto, Kinetica, Wave Race 64, Uniracers)

More lighthearted games in general.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I agree some sort of space combat simulator action type game, similar to freelancer.

OneHappyGamer:) said:
High budget 3D Platformers.

other then Mario, i haven't seen that many for a long time.

Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank. Sonys known platformers.  They've been out and are still coming out.

Wizardry!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’