By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What dormant theme/genre etc. do you want to see return?

Tagged games:

World War II is fascinating. It's the biggest and widest reaching conflict in human history, an event unimaginably catastrophic and terrifying, yet salutary. This of course makes it a valuable "resource" for creative minds, be it authors, directors, or in this case, game developers. As vast of a resource it is, it's almost impossible to deplete, and though we can and have at one stage reached fatigue, there are still hundreds, if not thousands, of untold stories.

It's been a while since we had awesome World War II games, and I'd love to see them return.

Around the Network

I'd like to see more adventure games on consoles, but I don't think it will happen :(

High-quality with high budget (AAA) classic turn-based console JRPG.

Please.

Real survivor horror from the alternate universe in which Resident Evil 4 has never existed.

Space combat simulators (à la Tie Fighter) - with VR headset packaged as default
Pinballs - on dedicated Volumetric Display box that recreates look and dimensions of real pinballs

Hm, think I got too far into future...

Around the Network

The 3D platformer. Although I prefer the 2D ones. Why do games have to be so serious this generation? (By serious I don't mean mature)

I'd like more management/strategy games available on PS3. Like Populous, Theme Hospital & stuff like that. I loved Bullfrog. Xbox gets Tropico but we get nada. Luckily I can just play them on PC so I'm not completely missing out, but I prefer gaming on consoles in general.

badgenome said:
Real survivor horror from the alternate universe in which Resident Evil 4 has never existed.

But.. then we wouldn't have grumpy-I-hate-everything-everyone-else-like-Kyliedog....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Genre - RTS.

Theme - Medieval times.

I agree on WWII as well. I love WWII.

Boutros said:

High-quality with high budget (AAA) classic turn-based console JRPG.

Please.

THIS THIS 1000 times THIS!!!