By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What dormant theme/genre etc. do you want to see return?

Tagged games:

3D Platformers that focus on collecting and exploring (Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, etc.). I love them.

Also, less linearity in games in an overall sense would be VERY WELCOME.

Around the Network
wfz said:
3D Platformers that focus on collecting and exploring (Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, etc.). I love them.

Also, less linearity in games in an overall sense would be VERY WELCOME.

Assuming that's referring to level design because of above statement. I'd like to see less linearity in storytelling a la TWD: The Game and Heavy Rain, not for most games, but I'd like to see it in more.

The action-adventure genre in its enitreity. We hardly see a new AAA game in that genre, possibly because of inevitable Zelda comparisons... but I don't see a negative there.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
The action-adventure genre in its enitreity. We hardly see a new AAA game in that genre, possibly because of inevitable Zelda comparisons... but I don't see a negative there.

Uncharted! 

Assassin's Creed!

Far Cry 3!

Adventure

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
F0X said:

Uncharted! 

Assassin's Creed!

Far Cry 3!

Assassins' Creed I'll give you (though I don't consider it to be a full-blooded example). Batman and Darksiders are as close as it gets these days, though the new Tomb Raider might fit the bill if the "adventure" element is strong enough.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
F0X said:

Uncharted! 

Assassin's Creed!

Far Cry 3!

Assassins' Creed I'll give you (though I don't consider it to be a full-blooded example). Batman and Darksiders are as close as it gets these days, though the new Tomb Raider might fit the bill if the "adventure" element is strong enough.

well Uncharted is without a doubt an action adventure game too

what's missing is adventure

:( citizen KABUTO!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

F0X said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
F0X said:

Uncharted! 

Assassin's Creed!

Far Cry 3!

Oh yeah, I guess you're more for the open world action-adventure? Forgot about Batman. Brilliant games.

Andrespetmonkey said:
F0X said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
F0X said:

Uncharted! 

Assassin's Creed!

Far Cry 3!

Oh yeah, I guess you're more for the open world action-adventure? Forgot about Batman. Brilliant games.

I see myself as a classical action/adventure guy. The game doesn't have to be fully nonlinear, but taking the time to analyze the environment and problem solve is a must. Uncharted moves so fast I hardly use my brain when compared to, say, Prince of Persia.

Andrespetmonkey said:

World War II is fascinating. It's the biggest and widest reaching conflict in human history, an event unimaginably catastrophic and terrifying, yet salutary. This of course makes it a valuable "resource" for creative minds, be it authors, directors, or in this case, game developers. As vast of a resource it is, it's almost impossible to deplete, and though we can and have at one stage reached fatigue, there are still hundreds, if not thousands, of untold stories.

It's been a while since we had awesome World War II games, and I'd love to see them return.

There are more videogames made about the World Wars and military that any other type of game. I am sure somewhere there has to be a list. As for the topic, I would say top down shooters and beat em ups.