By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would be your one tip for gaming?

Make sure to turn the console sideways to the wall, so the baby cannot press the shiny eject button or power button and cause your game to quit instantly.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Make sure to turn the console sideways to the wall, so the baby cannot press the shiny eject button or power button and cause your game to quit instantly.

My 18 month nephew turned my console off at the socket yesterday. Luckily it wasn't saving or installing anything because that will corupt the data and you'll end up with no data at all.

Avoid water at all costs.

F0X said:
spurgeonryan said:
I still save just in case. Going back is a pain in the ass! Tutorials are lame!

Only if you're replaying them. Then they should be skippable.

Tutorials are lame if it's like the 7th game in the series and they're still forcing you to go through the basics of the game.  Mandatory tutorials really need to stop in gaming, especially when it comes to games like Zelda.  I should not have to spend the first 2 hours of the game learning the same stuff I've already been doing for decades.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
F0X said:
spurgeonryan said:
I still save just in case. Going back is a pain in the ass! Tutorials are lame!

Only if you're replaying them. Then they should be skippable.

Tutorials are lame if it's like the 7th game in the series and they're still forcing you to go through the basics of the game.  Mandatory tutorials really need to stop in gaming, especially when it comes to games like Zelda.  I should not have to spend the first 2 hours of the game learning the same stuff I've already been doing for decades.

Mandatory? Yeah, screw them. However, it would be unwise to skip over the occasional "new feature we just added" tutorial. Especially considering some of the changes made in the most recent Zelda entries...

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
Player2 said:

What about if you're a dolphin called Echoe?

SWORDF1SH said:
Player2 said:

What about if you're a dolphin called Echoe?

Then stop playing the game and try something good.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

If you see a hot looking lady in a red dress, go bang her to restore your health.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

SWORDF1SH said:

Most games have auto save which saves every 10 seconds. I miss the days when you died it meant that you had to replay the last half hour of the game.

You miss them? I was playing XCOM and the default is to have auto save off. So, when the game crashes at the end of the level I have to go and replay around half an hour as punishment for playing the game properly and not saving all the time [I wasn't playing ironman, but I basically was, I may have rage quit once without saving when I accidently shot and killed one of my own guys]. This sort of thing can make me quit a game....

Beat the game then beat it again, this time like a boss.