By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would be your one tip for gaming?

What's the one tip you would give a fellow gamer while gaming?

Mine would always go back. Did it with Sonic and still do it today with FPS's, TPS's, platforming and action and adventures. Just turn around from the start of the level and head in the oppisite direction. I found many easter eggs doing this.

Now let eveybody else know your pearls of wisdom!

Around the Network

Save often

Most games have auto save which saves every 10 seconds. I miss the days when you died it meant that you had to replay the last half hour of the game.

Don't skip the freaking tutorials.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Explore everywhere and every part of a level before moving on. At the very least you'll find items that help you out.

Around the Network

enjoy

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Dont die on the first goomba

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

SWORDF1SH said:

Most games have auto save which saves every 10 seconds. I miss the days when you died it meant that you had to replay the last half hour of the game.

In that case, make sure the game has an autosave, Dishonered doesn't save very often for example.
(And Skyrims auto save caused the game to crash or hang on ps3 but that's a different story)

spurgeonryan said:
I still save just in case. Going back is a pain in the ass! Tutorials are lame!

Only if you're replaying them. Then they should be skippable.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

SvennoJ said:

In that case, make sure the game has an autosave, Dishonered doesn't save very often for example.
(And Skyrims auto save caused the game to crash or hang on ps3 but that's a different story)

True. You can get too used to auto saves and when you come across a game that doesn't have it, you presume it's already got auto save turned on only to find out that everything been wiped the next time you turn on your console. Bummer!