By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Wii U launch games to buy, and which ones you should avoid

How can you tell people what to buy and what not to buy, people like different types of games, just because it may not interest you doesn't mean it won't interest someone else, I'll be picking up FIFA which is an EA title

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
thetonestarr said:
Wait, what about ZombiU? Why did that get zero mention? It's the game with easily the most intrigue behind it.

Was gonna post the exact same thing, ZombiU looks fantastic!

When I was originally planning to get a WiiU, ZombiU was the first and only game I had decided for sure I was getting. I've since decided on a few more, but ZombiU is still the one I'm most sold on.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Mummelmann said:
thetonestarr said:
Wait, what about ZombiU? Why did that get zero mention? It's the game with easily the most intrigue behind it.

Was gonna post the exact same thing, ZombiU looks fantastic!

When I was originally planning to get a WiiU, ZombiU was the first and only game I had decided for sure I was getting. I've since decided on a few more, but ZombiU is still the one I'm most sold on.

It manages something as rare as original gameplay mechanics and, to me, shows precisely how one should implement the Gamepad in a good way in games. Overall, it appears to stand head and shoulders above almost every shooter released in the 7th gen.

lilbroex said:

I would say avoid everything from EA and Assassin's Creed 3. You can't lose that way.

Thing is I am buying mass effect 3 and assassin's creed. Why am I losing?

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

lilbroex said:

I would say avoid everything from EA and Assassin's Creed 3. You can't lose that way.

Then why in your OP did you give honorable mentions to ME3 and FIFA 13 if you want people to avoid EVERYTHING from EA?

I would avoid ME3 because it's an outsourced port of a year old game selling for $60, while at the same time the other consoles are getting the entire trilogy in one package for $60.

I would NOT avoid ACIII because minus a couple of minor graphical features and bonus content found in the PS3 version, it's the same game and plays and looks great, and Ubisoft has been one of the biggest 3rd party supporters of the Wii U including original games like ZombiU (which also looks like a must buy) and Rayman Legends (delayed till next year but still a good buy eventually), so they deserve to be rewarded for their efforts... not EA for deliberately gimping their Wii U ports because Nintendo wouldn't go along with their idea to incorporate Origin into the Wii U's online infrastructure.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I would say avoid games that are already out on PS3 or Xbox (e.x Mass Effect 3).

NightDragon83 said:
lilbroex said:

Then why in your OP did you give honorable mentions to ME3 and FIFA 13 if you want people to avoid EVERYTHING from EA?

Probably because he didn't write the OP.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Zombi U?????

Even though I probably won't get a WiiU @ launch, I'll probably get Scribblenauts, NSMBU and Darksiders 2 eventually, out of that list.

On a side note, am I the only one finding it weird Nintendo decided their 1st party games shouldn't support native 1080p? Especially considering several 3rd party games apparently do? I'm quite certain the WiiU's completely capable of it, especially games like NSMBU... Considering all the stuff they've been saying ever since WiiU was announced, about going for the 'hardcore', being serious about HD and all that. You'd think they'd go for it, especially as that would give them the chance to show WiiU's a real 'next gen' console, capable of oututting things their competitors can't.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

lilbroex said:
melbye said:
lilbroex said:

Why, it looks like it is going to be solid

Because the devs(AC3 specifically) themselve have made it clear that they aren't really concerened with the Nintendo fanbas. They stated that the game will be missing features and they have shown no interest in fixing the problem.

Thats a lie Homie. Regardless its going to be a top notch game people should def buy it.