By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Wii U launch games to buy, and which ones you should avoid

Darksiders 2 look pretty good for the Wii U. The developer already stated it will be the definitive version of an already good game. It is gonna have the best graphics, all DLC, new control scheme etc. I wish the price was -$10 less though.

Around the Network

Mario and Batman for me. Pikmin and The Wonderful 101 for the rest of the launch window.

EDIT: Oh, and Little Inferno!

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Ive been playing Rayman Legends on Wii U all day and uts absolutly fantastic.

Anyone who doesnt pick this game up is missing out on a real gem

I think Assassins' Creed 3 should be there in buy now if you like the series.
Also think its missing ZombiU as its a big exclusive.
Along with notables like tokitori2, trine2, rayman, and of course NintendoLand.

TheShape31 said:
If this article is correct:
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/assassins-creed-3-wii-u-missing-features/

Then I'd steer clear of AC3, unless you don't mind missing features (just like Madden, which is listed in the OP).

And I think that the completely revamped Ninja Gaiden is worth checking out. That one a truly the definitive version, and shows how to take an older game a make it seem new. Or at least how to make shit look like gold.

AC3 is not missing features like Madden.

AC3 had some minor visual elements not there a month or two ago, but the dev said they will come. The features and full game is identical. Madden is missing full gameplay components and parts of the actual game. This was reportedly due to simply not enough time. Madden is clearly a very short time frame rushed project and should be skipped entirely as such. AC3 is the exact same game plus gamepad features.

Around the Network
shakarak said:
Haven't bought a football game since I Purchased my gamecube and got QB club 2002. I'm a big football fan and was looking forward too getting Madden on the Wii U. How disappointing,they aren't even using their new engine on the Wii U version. Does anybody know why they chose not too?

I'm going to get Nintendoland, New Super mario bros U, Raymen, and ZombiU.

Rushed project. The got dev kits way too late and simply didn't concern themselves with all the lates code base. Likely that engine was barely making it in time for PS360 launch and therefore was not stable or ready to be pushed to a whole new console where they barely had time to port everything else.

Madden14 will be identical to anything anywhere else plus, more than likely, mutliple gamepad support. That's the version I'd wait for anyways.

I'm going with Call of Duty Blops 2, Assassins' Creed 3, and NSMBU. With a deluxe edition WiiU. I'm gonna have a wonderful Christmas.

CCFanboy said:
lilbroex said:

I would say avoid everything from EA and Assassin's Creed 3. You can't lose that way.

Thing is I am buying mass effect 3 and assassin's creed. Why am I losing?

As far as AC3 goes, i don't know if you'd be losing. With ME3, the answer is obvious. You can A) Mass Effect Trilogy (All three games in special set) for $60 on 360, PS3, and PC or B)pay $60 for ME3:Special Edition on WiiU. Sure from all indications the WiiU version is better than ME3 on 360 and PS3, but they nullified any value the game had by releasing the Trilogy set for the same price two weeks before the Wii U launches.

So my cousin tells me he's pretty underwhelmed with AC3, and I usually trust his judgement on games. He was also much more into AC2 than I was. So now with Pikmin, Rayman, and Wonderful 101 not making launch, I'm pretty much down to one Wii U launch title that I want at launch, which is NSMB U. Zombi U looks somewhat intriguing but after Red Steel I'm playing the waiting game on that one. So one game for a console right now, which isn't really enough for an unemployed guy like myself to take the $350 + tax + games plunge just yet.. I think I'll at least wait until we the aforementioned games to come out. Might even wait for the next iterations of Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

probably just gonna get mario and possibly epic mickey 2 if it supports wiimotes i really wanted pikmin 3 as pikmin 2 is one of my favorite games but i can wait