By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Allstars Battle Royale is sooooooooo fun!

NYANKS said:
binary solo said:
Just played a few rounds at Armageddon today. Loads of fun. I played one round as Sly and one round as Nariko. I was much better a Sly because I found Nariko to be a bit slow. My nephew and my sons played more rounds and they said that while SSBB is easier to learn Battle Royal to be over all a more fun experience. I've never played SSBB So I can't compare. It's a definite buy though.

They had the game running on an 80 inch 4K TV. Even though the game is only 720p the quality if the picture on the 4K TV was incredible. A pity 4K TVs are $35K to buy. If I was a squillionaire I'd get a 4K TV tomorrow.

I can't WAIT to try Nariko, Heavenly Sword was the first Ps3 game I ever played/owned, so jealous lol.  Any more details on her?

Her level 1 super is Twing Twang, you know the crossbow girl. 

Nariko's a powerful character, but as I said, a bit slow. One problem also was I was playing her on the inFamous level, which is the huge tower from Infamous 1. The game takes you up the tower and if you don't keep jumping up the platforms and disappear off the bottom of the screen that's a death, so I died a couple of times that way. Her moves are cool and for a little while I had all 3 opponents cornered and I was wailing on them with her huge sword and they could do nothing about it, that felt good.

There were masses of people lining up to play PABR and out of the 3 console booths (360, Wii U, and PS3/Vita) the Playstation booth was the most crowded totally due to PABR. So hoping that's a good sign for the game.

I must say I was a bit worried about the game seeing some of the criticism from a few gaming reporters, but really it's looking brilliant. The environments are great, and having them be dynamic is really cool. And having incoming fired from the background keep the intensity level up.

One round I was watching went into quadrupel overtime. A guy playing as Ratchet ended up getting a come from behind win.

My nephew played as evil cole a couple of times, that was great, but he liked playing as sweet tooth best. My son really loved playing as Jak, said he got the hang of Jak's play style quickly. He played as Big Daddy once but felt BD was too slow. That's a great thing that each character has a very different feel to them which will keep the game fresh and give it great value.

I really hope they do a good job with online play, it'll be really annoying if there's too much dying due to online lag. At least there's 3 of us at home so we'll get a lot of offline play without the hassel of online lag.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I know is just anecdotal but PS All Stars has been getting very positive feedback from 2 friends and 2 cousins that played it today at my house, they played it for like 3 hours and love it.

I think Sony has a winner and really hope it doesn't flop.

Mr Khan said:
pokoko said:
This seems to be a title that screams for bundling. It offers instant fun while actually advertising other games. It's almost a shame they didn't create it earlier, it could have become somewhat iconic. I think it would be a good idea to have an updated version as a launch title for the PS4, even if the lifetime sales of this version aren't great. It could build into Sony's best party-ish game.

Oh, Sony should have had a Smash-Bros-esque game made by 2004, after seeing how well Melee worked at advertising Nintendo franchises (allowing for Fire Emblem's localization and helping to bring Metroid back from its 8-year hiatus). PS-All Stars at the height of Sony dominance would indeed have been an instant classic, whereas this game will have to fight the same kind of late-gen adversity that the original Smash Bros or, say, Skyward Sword had to fight.

Man I do hope some old franchises can become popular again because of this game (medievil hopefully :D)

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Had one of the greatest matches ever in this. I was playing with a friend, and it was are first match in 2 days so we needed a little time to whoop ass lol. I was Sly, and he was Sweet Tooth, we were getting our asses handed to us for 2 minutes, I even mssed 2 murrays and ST missed 2 Lvl 1s. Together got killed 6 times and no kills on our part. We were facing Kratos and Radec. I started getting annoyed with Kratos, because he was always knocking me flying and then trying to jump ST with Radec. Then I analyzed what he was doing, and realized that Radec was purposely luring me in so Kratos can use the forward square on me, so I was like, yo, follow my lead these bastards think there smart. I purposely followed and then right when Kratos came, I used Sly's Counter, super jumped and slamed on him, slid electricity for when he gets up, slamed with cane, then he got up and tried to fight lol, teleport behind his ass and whale on him, he made be get almost a lvl 2 and he ran boom, double kill, then ST double kill, then me Double kill, and on 1 second I got 1 more knocking us into overtime, where we got 10 kills on em with no deaths we won with 27 to -3. Was the best comeback ever. Nothing feels better then that. I never had so much fun in a brawler since Melee. Brawl was good but wasn't as good as Melee. And honestly I love that the comebacks are not accidental drops off a cliff. Also love the different feel to this, my friends all had doubts, till this beta released. We go hours like its the full game

brendude13 said:
I'll get this on Vita, it seems perfectly suited for it.

buy it on the PS3 and you will get the vita version for free, that way you can play on both systems

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
brendude13 said:

buy it on the PS3 and you will get the vita version for free, that way you can play on both systems

I want to do that, but I need a physical card for my Vita, I have like 20 psp games and have a 4gb :(, rough, cause almost 200mb is taken with LBP update, Final Fantasy IV is over 700mb, PSABR beta over 600, 2 300mb eps off the video store. All the apps like, Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube add up and you actually need to have room on your vita to play the damn youtube vids. Can when the game releases, someone tell me if its a big sized game (pretty sure its over 2gb). I have it preordered but if I can get the size of the game before that days evening when I go to pick it up, I may just cancel the ps vita preorder and get the ps3 game. (My GS will thankfully give preorder codes to anyone who purchases a game first day :) so I won't miss anything)

Teflon02 said:
bananaking21 said:
brendude13 said:

I want to do that, but I need a physical card for my Vita, I have like 20 psp games and have a 4gb :(, rough, cause almost 200mb is taken with LBP update, Final Fantasy IV is over 700mb, PSABR beta over 600, 2 300mb eps off the video store. All the apps like, Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube add up and you actually need to have room on your vita to play the damn youtube vids. Can when the game releases, someone tell me if its a big sized game (pretty sure its over 2gb). I have it preordered but if I can get the size of the game before that days evening when I go to pick it up, I may just cancel the ps vita preorder and get the ps3 game. (My GS will thankfully give preorder codes to anyone who purchases a game first day :) so I won't miss anything)

I feel the same, I'm not bothered about having it on both platforms, I just want the physical copy for Vita.

Teflon02 said:
bananaking21 said:
brendude13 said:

that sucks, by why just not buy another card? you obviously need one, and think about it thsi way you would be getting the 2 versions of the game (ps3 +vita) and an extra memory card for the price of one version plus another card, you will have more space for future games as well

The full game needs to come now, everyone is using sweet tooth and kratos. Son of a.......!!!!!!!!!

I must say, of all the betas of all the platforms this has to be the most surprising and largest beta. The 2v2 has some lag but the 1 player online matches are just fine.