By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the big 3 gets the most bashing/hate on VGC?

Tagged games:

Which do you think?

Nintendo 137 30.38%

Sony 223 49.45%

Microsoft 89 19.73%

Total:449
pezus said:

Uhm, anyone can vote as well, not just users. And if you vote for Sony, that does not mean you are a Sony fan. Just read the responses made in this thread already.

If you want further proof, you could check the most active users on this website and their "side".

User Total Points
1 spurgeonryan - Nintendo 9,406 pts
2 lilbroex - Nintendo 5,032 pts
3 pezus - Sony/PC 4,669 pts
4 M.U.G.E.N - Sony 3,870 pts
5 Jay520 - Sony 2,931 pts
6 TruckOSaurus - Mixed 2,638 pts
7 Nsanity - Microsoft 2,605 pts
8 VicViper - Nintendo 2,383 pts
9 kowenicki - Microsoft 2,199 pts
10 happydolphin - Nintendo 2,123 pts
11 Stefl1504  - Sony but doesn't post much outside of mafia threads 2,107 pts
12 gergroy - Mixed, does not post much 1,963 pts
13 man-bear-pig - Microsoft 1,899 pts
14 RolStoppable - Nintendo 1,842 pts
15 samuship - Nintendo/Sony 1,695 pts
16 crissindahouse - Microsoft 1,684 pts
17 Turkish - Sony 1,601 pts
18 Andrespetmonkey - Sony/PC 1,565 pts
19 Kresnik - Sony 1,553 pts
20 Barozi - Microsoft 1,537 pts

Now add all the points together and find out which side has the most. You're going to have a bad time.

Why am I adding up the points? Isn't this about which base has the most users on the site? Your own chart has mostly Sony fans. WOW.

Around the Network
Player2 said:
pezus said:

I think what is easiest is to look at the way Wikipedia explains it, as someone posted in here already. I don't know where that 14 year old basement shit is coming from, but it needs to go.

Bold: Why? Again, hardcore does not mean "adult". That is not even close to being the same thing

Interesting definition Wikipedia has.

Hardcore gamers (...) tend to play more involved games (...). What is a "more involved game"? Never heard of it in my life. And Google desn't help much either.

Involved is a descriptive word. Used like this it means things that are more diffiicult, story driven, time demanding, complex, high learning curve, games that require dedication to play, games that are not easy to pick up and play that have simple premises and basic gameplay mechanics.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

since i joined this site, i would say : microsoft

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

maverick40 said:
Nintendo gets a free pass on this site.

Very true, but every other site is the complete opposite with a harsh bias against anything Nintendo. So it's slightly refreshing, though entirely annoying.

TheBardsSong said:
maverick40 said:
Nintendo gets a free pass on this site.

Very true, but every other site is the complete opposite with a harsh bias against anything Nintendo. So it's slightly refreshing, though entirely annoying.

I am shocked someone agrees with me. Well on Neogaf, Nintendo is loved too but they are not as crazy as here. 

Around the Network
pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

Uhm, anyone can vote as well, not just users. And if you vote for Sony, that does not mean you are a Sony fan. Just read the responses made in this thread already.

If you want further proof, you could check the most active users on this website and their "side".

User Total Points
1 spurgeonryan - Nintendo 9,406 pts
2 lilbroex - Nintendo 5,032 pts
3 pezus - Sony/PC 4,669 pts
4 M.U.G.E.N - Sony 3,870 pts
5 Jay520 - Sony 2,931 pts
6 TruckOSaurus - Mixed 2,638 pts
7 Nsanity - Microsoft 2,605 pts
8 VicViper - Nintendo 2,383 pts
9 kowenicki - Microsoft 2,199 pts
10 happydolphin - Nintendo 2,123 pts
11 Stefl1504  - Sony but doesn't post much outside of mafia threads 2,107 pts
12 gergroy - Mixed, does not post much 1,963 pts
13 man-bear-pig - Microsoft 1,899 pts
14 RolStoppable - Nintendo 1,842 pts
15 samuship - Nintendo/Sony 1,695 pts
16 crissindahouse - Microsoft 1,684 pts
17 Turkish - Sony 1,601 pts
18 Andrespetmonkey - Sony/PC 1,565 pts
19 Kresnik - Sony 1,553 pts
20 Barozi - Microsoft 1,537 pts

Now add all the points together and find out which side has the most. You're going to have a bad time.

Why am I adding up the points? Isn't this about which base has the most users on the site? Your own chart has mostly Sony fans. WOW.

This is the top 20 chart, and Nintendo fans have by far the most points. Points represent activity quite well.

What lol? Your own chart proves there are still more Sony fans, which was the point of our debate lol.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

Games that are a bit more difficult to learn than, say, Just Dance.

Just Dance is harder to learn than Uncharted or Cod so....

Hard to master, sure, but incredibly easy to understand and grasp the "control" scheme right away. Have you seen casuals using analog sticks? Or even PC only gamers?

Your point? Easier to understand just makes the game easier to pick up, not master. Have you seen hardcore gamers mastering Just Dance? Again the point is any game can be hard to learn if its actually pretty difficult like actually dancing, instead of just a bunch of timed button mashing like in Uncharted or CoD.

You managed to completely miss the point, at least.

Sure pezus.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:

What lol? Your own chart proves there are still more Sony fans, which was the point of our debate lol.

Do you like to ignore points and spin your own? Seems that way, and I've seen it in the past that there is no reason to answer your posts. Good day, don't expect a reply.

slowmo said "I think the majority of fans are Sony, followed by Nintendo then Microsoft.  Nearly every poll on this site reflects this."

you said "Not anymore" (the link you posted)

I didn't spin a thing, its ok to be wrong.

Chark said:
Player2 said:
pezus said:

I think what is easiest is to look at the way Wikipedia explains it, as someone posted in here already. I don't know where that 14 year old basement shit is coming from, but it needs to go.

Bold: Why? Again, hardcore does not mean "adult". That is not even close to being the same thing

Interesting definition Wikipedia has.

Hardcore gamers (...) tend to play more involved games (...). What is a "more involved game"? Never heard of it in my life. And Google desn't help much either.

Involved is a descriptive word. Used like this it means things that are more diffiicult, story driven, time demanding, complex, high learning curve, games that require dedication to play, games that are not easy to pick up and play that have simple premises and basic gameplay mechanics.

That's a lot of things for a single word. Is Tekken an involved game then? It does have a high learning curve and complex gameplay mechanics, but it isn't story driven and button mashing is enough to beat the single player mode (acknowledged by the TC), therefore it isn't a difficult game and is easy to pick up.

Honestly i will say Microsoft for rrod,Xbox live sub, games, ect then Sony then Nintendo.