By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the big 3 gets the most bashing/hate on VGC?

Tagged games:

Which do you think?

Nintendo 137 30.38%

Sony 223 49.45%

Microsoft 89 19.73%

Total:449
Jay520 said:
-[Insert company of preference]-

Don't think everyone will do that.

I voted Microsoft because as far as a love:hate ratio goes, I think they'd be the worst. I have seen maybe two guys with Halo avatars on this entire site.

Around the Network
pezus said:
TheBardsSong said:
Jay520 said:
-[Insert company of preference]-

Don't think everyone will do that.

I voted Microsoft because as far as a love:hate ratio goes, I think they'd be the worst. I have seen maybe two guys with Halo avatars on this entire site.

MBP, Barozi, Millenium, smroadkill15, yo_john, toadslayer72, maximrace, THE1 all have or have had Halo avatars for an extended period of time, to name a few. 

Maybe it's because I never post in the MS forums then :p

Sony, but thats largely due to Halo 4 hype getting the fans to come back out of hiding and also due to me :)
It used to be 360, so its about time Sony has their turn.

Maybe since Sony fans are more numerous, they all are playing the victim card and choosing themselves in this poll. But IMO, doom articles and Vita bad sales arent bashing so much as reporting on the news and corporate financials.

This site is important to 360 fans, as hardware/software sales being one of two cornerstones of the pro 360 arguments. Metacritic is the other, but it has no forum :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:

I think what is easiest is to look at the way Wikipedia explains it, as someone posted in here already. I don't know where that 14 year old basement shit is coming from, but it needs to go.

Bold: Why? Again, hardcore does not mean "adult". That is not even close to being the same thing

Interesting definition Wikipedia has.

Hardcore gamers (...) tend to play more involved games (...). What is a "more involved game"? Never heard of it in my life. And Google desn't help much either.

pezus said:
slowmo said:
Farsala said:
slowmo said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
slowmo said:
Nice poll to reflect user preference percentages

Are you being sarcastic? At this moment, 17% voted Nintendo.

Accuracy of a poll increases the more people that participate, check the numbers now.  I was not being sarcastic, I actually expect this to be a rough gauge of percentages of users affiliated with each console provider.  Sony first, Nintendo second, Microsoft third looks about right to reflect this.

You really believe 20% of fans on this site are MS? Seems like a lot less. Not only that Nintendo is way to low.

OT: The way I see it is Nintendo getting bashed the most for no reason, like Bayonetta 2, Wii U HW, games dont look next gen, it has mario? why not zelda, etc,etc

I think the majority of fans are Sony, followed by Nintendo then Microsoft.  Nearly every poll on this site reflects this.

Not anymore: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=148411&page=0#-24

What? That doesn't prove which has the biggest fanbase lol, anyone can participate in one of the discussions. This is definitely an excellent gauge of which base is the biggest on the site. Sony fans are definitely the most out there.

Around the Network

It's probably a tie between Nintendo and Sony.

pezus said:
Player2 said:
pezus said:

I think what is easiest is to look at the way Wikipedia explains it, as someone posted in here already. I don't know where that 14 year old basement shit is coming from, but it needs to go.

Bold: Why? Again, hardcore does not mean "adult". That is not even close to being the same thing

Interesting definition Wikipedia has.

Hardcore gamers (...) tend to play more involved games (...). What is a "more involved game"? Never heard of it in my life. And Google desn't help much either.

Games that are a bit more difficult to learn than, say, Just Dance.

Just Dance is harder to learn than Uncharted or Cod so....

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

Games that are a bit more difficult to learn than, say, Just Dance.

Just Dance is harder to learn than Uncharted or Cod so....

Hard to master, sure, but incredibly easy to understand and grasp the "control" scheme right away. Have you seen casuals using analog sticks? Or even PC only gamers?

Your point? Easier to understand just makes the game easier to pick up, not master. Have you seen hardcore gamers mastering Just Dance? Again the point is any game can be hard to learn if its actually pretty difficult like actually dancing, instead of just a bunch of timed button mashing like in Uncharted or CoD.

Sony of course, Nintendo gets a free pass on this site.

Ignore this post.