By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the big 3 gets the most bashing/hate on VGC?

Tagged games:

Which do you think?

Nintendo 137 30.38%

Sony 223 49.45%

Microsoft 89 19.73%

Total:449

Sony, but I don't know if it's in general, or just because the same group of anti-Sony people seem to show up in every single thread dealing with anything Sony. A few have posted already and I expect a few more, eager to tell us how Sony has earned their hatred. Does Nintendo also have a dedicated group of haters here as well?

There are also some members, aligned with both Sony and Nintendo, that are so hyper-defensive about ANY criticism that it can be hard to keep threads from dissolving into puddles of pure malice. A few of them turn their hyper-defensiveness into aggression by openly and childishly wanting other consoles to fail, which just sickens me.

All told, however, more of the Microsoft crowd hate Sony for some reason, so I think that gives Sony the hatred lead.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Vita is the only reason Sony gets any hate recently.
Therefore I go with Nintendo since they're getting bashed for being casual, shovelware and Bayonetta 2.

Not true. Sony releases a tv with a huge screen (just like Samsung among other). Sony bashing

Sony releases a slimmer model that seems more expensive than the 2nd model (though it is up to retailers to adjust the price). Sony bashing

Sony loses money, gets their credit cut. More bashing.

Acquires gakai, revamps psn. Bashing.

But overall, just by merely looking at the number of vita doom threads, the answer is simple. (the vita is undoutedly doing bad, but there is not need for that many doom threads and that much bashing).

I am aware of the 360 (especially for kinect, number of shooters) and WiiU/Wii bashing, but it's not even close. When the 3ds was doing bad, it was much closer though.

I guess Nintendo even though it has many fans here, as there are many who also bash nintendo as well. But sony is also bashed around alot

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

there is always a lot of bashing (and praising) with new hardware so nintendo and sony get a lot because of vita, 3ds and upcoming wii u. when the nextbox will be announced microsoft will also get more bashing as they get right now because it's just not so much to bash atm for a 7 years old console and no handheld.

but i have no clue if nintendo or sony get more bashing, i think it changes from week to week or even from day to day.

I don't see why people think Sony gets bashed. They are genuinely as a company doing rather poorly and they have struggled for profitability whereas Nintendo gets bashed for trying to cater towards a different audience/mindset.

Tease.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
-[Insert company of preference]-

Pretty much.

Nsanity said:
Jay520 said:
-[Insert company of preference]-

Pretty much.

Yup, also since 'fans' will mostly reside in their 'favorite console' threads they are likely to see the most bashing done upon theirs.

osed125 said:

But now all the focus of doomed articles have been passed from Ninty to Sony.

Now... did you say NOW ?!

Sony has been enjoying the most negative of critisism for a good 6 years now on the PS3's part. Apart from the "journalists", lot's of 360 owners have a pathological love for their console, they wanted the then underdog thrive and have been enjoying nothing more than predicting the Playstation's demise for half a decade. But Play lives on.

Sony

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Squilliam said:
I don't see why people think Sony gets bashed. They are genuinely as a company doing rather poorly and they have struggled for profitability whereas Nintendo gets bashed for trying to cater towards a different audience/mindset.

Well put.