By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

>Yes, that's correct. The PSP has great handheld FPS games.

I disagree, PSP is a HORRIBLE console for FPS, have you played it with 1 analog stick?

What PSP can do is being a complete system. DS couldn't have great racing game (outside of MK, of course), because it doesn't have the graphical power for that. Wii couldn't do what PSP can do with Sports games.

but what Wii can do is innovative ways to play games. Take Elite beat agent for example. For some (like myself), I find it gimmicky and I got tired of it after a while.

It vary from person to person, I still stick my view that since you had a GBA, try PSP and then decide.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
insomniac17 said:
naznatips said:

Yes, that's correct. The PSP has great handheld FPS games. The DS is pretty lacking in that category, but MP:H is decent. The PSP also has a ton of very well designed racers ranging from both simulation style to arcade style. The DS has Mario Kart as a great racing game, but that's about it, and it doesn't havea good sim style game.

The DS has Mario and the first good Sonic and Megaman games in years as great platformers. It also has a ridiculous amount of RPGs (Square Enix has 19 games out and in production for the DS), and some great action-adventures like Zelda PH. Truthfully you'll only get the best of both worlds if you own both.

hmmmm, maybe its a good think I decided to hold off on getting Folklore... Does anyone know of any sales going on for either system (at places that have them in stock)?

Pretty off-topic, but I highly recommend you still get Folkore at some point.  I really love that game.  Of course, I'm sure the last thing you want right now is people convincing you to spend more money haha.  

kingofwale said:
>Yes, that's correct. The PSP has great handheld FPS games.

I disagree, PSP is a HORRIBLE console for FPS, have you played it with 1 analog stick?

What PSP can do is being a complete system. DS couldn't have great racing game (outside of MK, of course), because it doesn't have the graphical power for that. Wii couldn't do what PSP can do with Sports games.

but what Wii can do is innovative ways to play games. Take Elite beat agent for example. For some (like myself), I find it gimmicky and I got tired of it after a while.

It vary from person to person, I still stick my view that since you had a GBA, try PSP and then decide.

Well, I agree the single analog nub is a limit, but that doesn't really stop it from having great action/shooter games.  GTA:LCS, GTA:VCS, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, and MGS:PO are all great.  Ratchet is pretty good too (TPS/Platform mix), though it's not really up to the standard of the PS2 games.  Still lots of fun.  

naznatips said:
insomniac17 said:
naznatips said:

Yes, that's correct. The PSP has great handheld FPS games. The DS is pretty lacking in that category, but MP:H is decent. The PSP also has a ton of very well designed racers ranging from both simulation style to arcade style. The DS has Mario Kart as a great racing game, but that's about it, and it doesn't havea good sim style game.

The DS has Mario and the first good Sonic and Megaman games in years as great platformers. It also has a ridiculous amount of RPGs (Square Enix has 19 games out and in production for the DS), and some great action-adventures like Zelda PH. Truthfully you'll only get the best of both worlds if you own both.

hmmmm, maybe its a good think I decided to hold off on getting Folklore... Does anyone know of any sales going on for either system (at places that have them in stock)?

Pretty off-topic, but I highly recommend you still get Folkore at some point. I really love that game. Of course, I'm sure the last thing you want right now is people convincing you to spend more money haha.

So, if I listen to everyone, I should get a PSP, DS and Folklore. I don't suppose there's any way I could transfer my VG$ to my bank account, huh...

>Well, I agree the single analog nub is a limit, but that doesn't really stop it from having great action/shooter games. GTA:LCS, GTA:VCS, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, and MGS:PO are all great.

Yeah, that's the point, only 1 out of all those are in fact, FPS.. even though you can argue that Logan's Shadow is actually third person shooter.

I have no problem with one analog stick, it's just not very good job at minicking PS2's experience. I love my PSP infact.

Crush and Jean D'Arc are my favourite game right now. and soon, I will have God of War and FFVII Crisis Core to entertain myself.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

LOL!

halil23 said:
Well insomniac17 you are an Insomniac fan right? There's Ratchet & Clank : Size Matters (I know it coming to PS2 too, but it would be cool to have it on portable, something different you know) And Secret Agent Clank coming soon to PSP, also you can play the classic Spyro series on PSP too. I'm just helping you out on what to choose from your gaming taste perspective . I too getting PSP & DS, but PSP will be first.

=O dude I haven't played Spyro in so long... man that, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank, just sealed it, I think. I'm gonna have to borrow my friends PSP now, I think he has Size Matters and is gonna get the new one when it is released. I might need to change my name to insomniac_impact17 if they're as good as the cosole ones.

For me DS is better because its cheaper, has Pokemon (i don't like them but they are million seller), Mario, Metroid, Zelda, touch screen, larger screen (if you put together touch screen and normal screen), can interact with the wii (winning home console this generation), Opera browser, can read MP3 (if you have Nintendo MP3 Player) and much more.

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda

New Super Mario Bros. - Mario Kart DS - Phantom Hourglass

nuff said lol.

If it's for the games, it's DS by far. If it's for multimedia, it's the PSP.