By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE6, lets review it and rate it. NO TROLLS PLEASE! :D

If you finished RE6, how would you rate it?

10 10 10.87%

9.5 40 43.48%

9 13 14.13%

8.5 3 3.26%

8 7 7.61%

7.5 4 4.35%

7 2 2.17%

6.5 5 5.43%

6 2 2.17%

5.5 6 6.52%

Total:92

Playing co-op in this game and seeing just how different things really are depending on who you choose is pretty damn impressive. A Wii U version with each player having his/her own screen would easily get my money again.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
What the fuck happened? I hated this game and now, I love it! Finished Jake's campaign over the weekend. Thought I finished Leon's campaign but.....some crazy shit just happened. I came into this game with an open mind and didn't care about any reviews. Heck, I STILL haven't read or watched a single one. This game has turned it all around.

I'll keep from giving a final impression until I finish Leon and Chris's campaigns (and when those two met in Leon's campaign, I jizzed all over myself!) but I am most satisfied with my purchase.

Have you been playing the game solo?  I ask this as I've only played this game with a friend of mine.  I was wondering how it holds up single player?  I played bits and pieces of RE5 solo and it holds up decently well compared to coop so I was wondering how RE6 is.

darkknightkryta said:
d21lewis said:
What the fuck happened? I hated this game and now, I love it! Finished Jake's campaign over the weekend. Thought I finished Leon's campaign but.....some crazy shit just happened. I came into this game with an open mind and didn't care about any reviews. Heck, I STILL haven't read or watched a single one. This game has turned it all around.

I'll keep from giving a final impression until I finish Leon and Chris's campaigns (and when those two met in Leon's campaign, I jizzed all over myself!) but I am most satisfied with my purchase.

Have you been playing the game solo?  I ask this as I've only played this game with a friend of mine.  I was wondering how it holds up single player?  I played bits and pieces of RE5 solo and it holds up decently well compared to coop so I was wondering how RE6 is.

I'd say about 90% co-op.  I finished Leons's chapter 2 (From the Graveyard to the Boobies) single player and it was fun but then I had to replay it again with my partner because she didn't didn't want to miss anything.  I played Chris in single player and hated it but I think I'll somehow enjoy it more when I go back and finish it.  Wish I didn't save his for last  I wanted something better to look forward to.  I also wish I didn't play his first since it soured me to the whole game for a week.

d21lewis said:

That is why I think that reviewers that say the game sucks, did not finished the game.   The game at first may be a bit weird, but the more you play it the better it gets. It is a blast! XD

disolitude said:
Heavenly_King said:
disolitude said:
Heavenly_King said:
FrancisNobleman said:
haven't played it and neither will I. With that being sad:

Storyline:
A virus fucks up everything and there's zombies and other ugly mutations to fight. Dat creativity.

Gameplay:
Dudebro game, meets Uncharted. There is a little CoD too. No horror here, neither there is any survival. Can jump out of high windows and buildings riding a bike, can't jump over a fence or a table. Genius.

Sound:
Confirmed

Graphics:
There is too much styling gel.

Overall:

3/10

I think you are seeing the game biased because of the reviews. You should rent it at least.   It is not an "horror" game, but it is still a great 3rd person action game. Sadly, considering it looks like your are biased beyond redemption, I dont think you will give it a chance D:

This is the argument of every RE6-pro oriented person trying to convince the public that the game is great and that people are just biased.

"I am right and you are wrong and biased because you don't like a game I like...". 

You are free to like RE6 and even post glowing reviews about it online, but its pretty obvious that the game isn't great even if we disregard all "biased" user reviews. Certanly not as great as it used to be.

People go around scoring graphics, sound and all other aspects like they matter in the grand scheme of things. Maybe to some people they do, but to me a game can get 2 possible ratings...Fun or not fun.

Sadly the Leon's campaign in RE6 falls under definite not fun for me. Anyone that like to actually have control of gameplay and events that take place in their videogames will feel the same.  I will try the other ones today but I am not holding my breath. 

You have played it and you do not liked it; and that is fair; but he has not played it; and yet he treats the game like a piece of crap.  RE6 is nothing like Uncharted or GeoW.  In how many games you do in certain moments stuff that you can do during most gameplay?? His complain is just absurd.

You control your character like in every other 3rd person action game.  What is wrong with that?

I really dont get all the hate.

The game suffers from the same syndrome that most cinematic games suffer from. Since everything is scripted by trigger events, they need you to do certain things and go a certain way. You can not deviate to how they want you to play the game. There is absolutely no sense of adaptive computer AI or freedom.

What if I don't want to follow the old man and look for his infected daughter at the beginning? Nope, sorry game needs you to spend 10 minutes slowly walking in order to advance the "cinematic experience". If the story was top notch and interesting, I could go with the flow, but its not...

I found Leons campaign feels a lot like Call of Duty Black ops, even though it plays nothing like it. Its the exact same school of level design. Game leads you in a straight line while shit is happening around you, and for the most part you have no control what so ever on how things play out. You just watch, follow the rails that the game allow you to go on and enjoy controling your character once in a while when game and QTE allow you to do so.

So... basically... You don't enjoy games level based games like platformers, that have you run from one point to an other, with strict objectives and means to that end, and of course, no adaptive AI...

Certainly, we don't want all games to fall under the same game type, do we?

Around the Network
Hynad said:

So... basically... You don't enjoy games level based games like platformers, that have you run from one point to an other, with strict objectives and means to that end, and of course, no adaptive AI...

Certainly, we don't want all games to fall under the same game type, do we?

Lol I see where you came from with that but you're completely disregarding the qualities that platformers have. Platformers is probably my favorite genre. As long as game has a challenging gameplay and is engaging the gamer, I will dig it. Platformers do that with precision jumps, puzzles, physic and other goodies. 

I would hate platformers if you had to randomly push X to make each jump, wiggle your right analog stick to climb a wall or endure cinematics every 10 seconds. 

One of my friends: "It's complete garbage."

Another one of my friends: "It's the best game ever."

Me: "It's a game..." :|

I am waiting for the PC version. Is the character control in the style of RE4?

Hmm, why is 5,5 the lowest possible on your scale? Anyways, I haven't played it myself and likely won't since from what I gather, its like RE 5 only even more in the action and even less in the survival horror direction.

Oh, the joys of the 7th generation where everything turned into Die Hard...

CharmedontheWB said:
I am waiting for the PC version. Is the character control in the style of RE4?

You have more mobility.  Instead of keep looking forward while moving to the sides and back (strafe), your character rotates completely to move to the sides, and backwards according to the input.   But if you are aiming it is just like RE4/RE5 but now you can move and shoot at the same time, and do barrel rolls to dodge attacks instead of QTEs like in previous games.

You have plenty more options now.