By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE6, lets review it and rate it. NO TROLLS PLEASE! :D

If you finished RE6, how would you rate it?

10 10 10.87%

9.5 40 43.48%

9 13 14.13%

8.5 3 3.26%

8 7 7.61%

7.5 4 4.35%

7 2 2.17%

6.5 5 5.43%

6 2 2.17%

5.5 6 6.52%

Total:92

So far Ive completed the first three story lines and I really like this game. So far it's my third favorite RE. The game strays away from it's roots, but honestly I don't care. It's FUN. And that is all that matters to me. Interesting story as well.

8.994/10

Around the Network

beat chris' and jakes solo on pro so far id give it a 7.5/10 i like i better than re5 by a long shot and in some instances even re4 b/c imo it has better atmosphere b/c your in modern relateable environments it comes closest to the old RE than 4 and 5

Play Me

Heavenly_King said:
disolitude said:
Heavenly_King said:
FrancisNobleman said:
haven't played it and neither will I. With that being sad:

Storyline:
A virus fucks up everything and there's zombies and other ugly mutations to fight. Dat creativity.

Gameplay:
Dudebro game, meets Uncharted. There is a little CoD too. No horror here, neither there is any survival. Can jump out of high windows and buildings riding a bike, can't jump over a fence or a table. Genius.

Sound:
Confirmed

Graphics:
There is too much styling gel.

Overall:

3/10

I think you are seeing the game biased because of the reviews. You should rent it at least.   It is not an "horror" game, but it is still a great 3rd person action game. Sadly, considering it looks like your are biased beyond redemption, I dont think you will give it a chance D:

This is the argument of every RE6-pro oriented person trying to convince the public that the game is great and that people are just biased.

"I am right and you are wrong and biased because you don't like a game I like...". 

You are free to like RE6 and even post glowing reviews about it online, but its pretty obvious that the game isn't great even if we disregard all "biased" user reviews. Certanly not as great as it used to be.

People go around scoring graphics, sound and all other aspects like they matter in the grand scheme of things. Maybe to some people they do, but to me a game can get 2 possible ratings...Fun or not fun.

Sadly the Leon's campaign in RE6 falls under definite not fun for me. Anyone that like to actually have control of gameplay and events that take place in their videogames will feel the same.  I will try the other ones today but I am not holding my breath. 

You have played it and you do not liked it; and that is fair; but he has not played it; and yet he treats the game like a piece of crap.  RE6 is nothing like Uncharted or GeoW.  In how many games you do in certain moments stuff that you can do during most gameplay?? His complain is just absurd.

You control your character like in every other 3rd person action game.  What is wrong with that?

I really dont get all the hate.

The game suffers from the same syndrome that most cinematic games suffer from. Since everything is scripted by trigger events, they need you to do certain things and go a certain way. You can not deviate to how they want you to play the game. There is absolutely no sense of adaptive computer AI or freedom.

What if I don't want to follow the old man and look for his infected daughter at the beginning? Nope, sorry game needs you to spend 10 minutes slowly walking in order to advance the "cinematic experience". If the story was top notch and interesting, I could go with the flow, but its not...

I found Leons campaign feels a lot like Call of Duty Black ops, even though it plays nothing like it. Its the exact same school of level design. Game leads you in a straight line while shit is happening around you, and for the most part you have no control what so ever on how things play out. You just watch, follow the rails that the game allow you to go on and enjoy controling your character once in a while when game and QTE allow you to do so.

2.3M units sold first week!!! WOOT! Hopefully word of mouth will keep it going!! XD

I've been there from the beginning and I've actually enjoyed the newer games in the series (RE4, RE5, and RE: R) much more than the old school titles. With RE6, I don't know. I started with Chris's campaign and I pretty much hated it. I hated it so much that I was tempted to put the game back on the shelf and finish my playthrough of the Gears of War trilogy. It just felt horrible. RE6's cover based mechanics are amongst the worst I've ever played. Graphics are totally inconsistent, music is just short loops playing over and over to the point of insanity, atmostphere was terrible, pacing was bad. It just didn't feel like a real world.

I tried Leon's story and I found the first chapter to be decent and I tried Sherry and Scarface's story last night and I sorta enjoyed it. I was afraid I'd never finish the game and, while I'm still not loving it, I no longer regret purchasing the game. This was the first title I considered returning since Killzone 3.

Around the Network

I don't think a game is worth $60 bucks if i don't continually play it for a long time to come. So i will be picking this up when it's in the bargain bin for 15 bucks in a few months.

It's growing on me. It's really growing on me.

d21lewis said:

How far have you got? I hated it at first like you. Ive settled on a 6 out of 10.

RedInker said:
d21lewis said:

How far have you got? I hated it at first like you. Ive settled on a 6 out of 10.

Only finished two chapters of Chris's story.  Hated that.  I'd probably give it a 3/10.  That's been about a week.

Just met with some old friends in Jake's story.  Had some insane moments (and Jake thinks that $50 Million is the same as fifty-grand.).  I just started this one yesterday and I'd give it 8/10.

Started Leon's story about two days ago.  Only finished two chapters, I think.  Haven't played it since but I will.  I'd give that a 7/10 but I suspect it will improve.

RedInker said:
d21lewis said:

The more you play it the better it gets.  You need to play it without pre-conceptions; and learn how to play the game. Forget about reviews, and any other game 3rd person shooter you have played, and you will enjoy it a lot.

I have already dived in 70hrs and I am still playing it, because it is really great.  This is one of those games that I want to unlock 100% for the sake of having fun.....fuck the trophies! (even though I will eventually have the plat lol XD).  In RE.net I am Agent level 21 FUCK YEAH! :D