By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "no one is playing games on Wii" - Mike Goodman. "ROFFLE!!!" - My response

I prefer using Madden 07 as a coaster. When it gets ruined, its fine, because there's Madden 08 out. And when that gets ruined, Madden 09. And when that gets ruined...... (Continue till the end of time).

Around the Network

This thread is great. So much Sarcasm :D

he is right i do only buy 1 game per 2 weeks for wii,and i dont play any of them

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

TWRoO said:

the "ping pong" I assume is the laser hockey game in Wii play,... it's pretty cool, like air hockey.

Really? I'd think it's more likely that she actually means the... ping pong game in Wii Play.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@TWRoO and @NJ5

Ping Pong could be Rockstar's Table Tennis or the planned Ping Pong game by Nintendo.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Ah, another Wii is a fad thread, I so missed them

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

wenlan said:
I chatted with a colleague of mine yesterday. She is a 50-year-old pathology laboratory manager, a very nice lady. We ended up talking about the video games (she asked me what I did during the holidays) and she said she got a Wii for herself and she got all excited about that.

She said she really likes Wii sport (who doesn't) and Ping Pong (what?), the fishing game (eeh?)..... None of the AAA titles on the Wii was mentioned. In fact, she hasn't even heard of SMG.

I believe a lot of rational members on this site may have seen this coming. Most of the Nintendo games will sell very well with a very long leg, just like their games on DS. After SSBB and MK, the "non Ninty fan" gamers may stop buying Wii games and start to focus more on PS3/Xbox360. The third party developers can only survive on Wii if they develop games that critics and most of us here think is "crap". Nintendo may end up be the only one making great games for Wii and they'd better come up some new IP soon enough.

I truly believe Nintendo is taking a different approach this time. I am really happy to see they put a smile on the people, the people who never play video games. For that regard, I think Nintendo has already won this generation.

Can Nintendo stay competitive next generation? Maybe not. But they will have a handful of CASH. They will use those cash to buy any technology and experience been accumulated this generation on PS3/Xbox360 for their next console and games. Sneaky, sneaky Nintendo.

Well, if we look, that your, non-gamer, 50 yo colleague plays Wii, just like i, and Bod and Rol and most of this forums members, it looks like Nintendos strategy is working. If your 50 yo friend doesn't buy games, it doesn't mean that the people, i just mentioned, wouldn't buy any. Although, in one way that example brought up one problem, which is lack of advertising. She would know what SMG is, if it would have been advertised more heavily. She would even know No More Heroes coming, if it would have enough advertising. Even with heavily advertised, it's a whole different matter, that would she like the game. The "non-Nintendo fan" gamers leaving is a bad example, since in a little more than a year, 20 million people have bought Wiis, and a lot of them are kids, whos parents have bought their Wiis, and people, who don't buy second console in a generation. These people/patents aren't going to invest that much money to a second console, because they have a console, which has just been bought. Problem with that logic is, that the established installbase isn't going anywhere. 3rd parties can survive on Wii by making games, that most of us think is crap, and they can make shitload of money on the Wii, if they make games that most of us think are good. But on 360 and PS3, they can survive if they make games that most of us think is crap or by making games that most of us think are good. I hope you can see the difference here. I do agree that Nintendo has won by looking at that Wii appeals also to the non-gamers, that was the strategy after all. But i don't agree with what you're trying to say, that these new gamers wouldn't buy games besides Wii Sports/Play/Fit, some of course don't, but they will buy games that have requirements low enough to get into the gameplay and enough things to do with their skill level, just like in the Super Mario or GTA series. @Twroo: There is a table tennis game in Wii Play, and it's called "Table Tennis".

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Based upon data from this site for North America:

There are 7.23 games distributed per 360 sold .
There are 5.04 games distributed per Wii sold.
There are 4.87 games distributed per PS3 sold.

What this means is that 360 does have more game-playing people, but there is no statistically significant difference between Wii and PS3 adopters. And no one says PS3 owners don't play games.

Please note that this data includes pack-in/bundled games. That means 1 game for all Wiis sold and between 0-2 for all 360s and PS3s sold.

Actually, the true point is that no one is playing PS2 games. There are only 3.14 games distributed per console sold. 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:

Actually, the true point is that no one is playing PS2 games. There are only 3.14 games distributed per console sold. 8*>

When a console sells more and more, its attach rate tends to decrease due to the "more casual gamers" effect.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wait, I'm not playing my Wii??? I thought the time played message on my Wii read 40 hours of SMG in less then a Wiik (pad um pish) and 100% complete, dang how can this be possible, that I haven't 100% career on GH3, and playing it online a lot. I guess... gamers like me are nonexistent. ='( *tear*

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000