By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dishonored Reviews Say Its Once-In-A-Generation, Stunning

CinemaBlend

Dishonored will make its debut Tuesday and the embargo on reviews will end tomorrow. However, a couple early reviews have already gone live and they suggest this assassination game might be the sleeper hit of this holiday season. 

In Dishonored, players take on the role of Corvo. Corvo was the bodyguard of the Empress until she was murdered. He was then framed for the crime and imprisoned. However, a supernatural being has granted him magical powers that allow him to escape and get his revenge. 

The key feature of the game is player choice. Corvo has a wide variety of weapons, equipment and powers at his disposal. It's up to players to decide what tools to use in order to complete missions. Furthermore, you can choose whether to be violent or not. In Shacknews' review, the writer said that he started out playing non-violent but by the end became a murderer because he was turned into a reckless murderer by the story. 

"About half-way through the story, I was leaving bodies everywhere, and I knew I was making things more difficult for myself, but I didn't care," said the review. "The story that Arkane has crafted – with various twists that constantly had me on my guard – had me so invested in saving the Empress's daughter that I cared about nothing else, or anyone that stood in my way, friend or foe." 

CVG's review, meanwhile, praised the depth of the game. They say thatDishonored has plenty of action but it hasn't been dumbed down. Patient gamers who like to explore the world will be rewarded for doing so. 

Both of the reviews end on very glowing notes. CVG calls it a " once-in-a-generation sort of game" and a "real epic." Shack's reviewer says he was "emotionally exhausted" and "stunned" by the end, and that the game is "role-playing at its story-driven finest." 

If you're still on the fence about the game, don't worry. There will be plenty of reviews, including ours, coming out this week to help you make an informed decision. Dishonored's North American release date is October 9th. Europe will have to wait until October 11th. 

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dishonored-Reviews-Say-Its-Once-Generation-Stunning-47847.html

Around the Network

Sounds good, I can get it on Thursday hopefully.
Can't wait to sink my teeth into a new action rpg that I hardly know anything about yet. It's not a sequel, sold!

Are they the same ones that made fallout? If so I wont get it until I know there is no problems with the ps3 version. I got shafted so many times already with them.

i dunno...that footage just doesn't intrigue me yet. It seems to have everything i want in a game and im not excited. Im sure i'll get it eventually and i'll love it but im not quite hyped :|

I'm dying to play this game. It looks so unique and creative. it really is a rare game.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
xKakashi209x said:
Are they the same ones that made fallout? If so I wont get it until I know there is no problems with the ps3 version. I got shafted so many times already with them.

Bethesda isn't developing the game. They're just publishing it. Arkane Studios is developing it. They also made Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Bioshock 2.

As for the game, I've been expecting big things from it since I first saw it. It's sort of an underdog this year and hopefully it becomes a breakout hit. Having said that, I won't be buying it this holiday season as I already have an immense backlog and very little time to even play what I already have.

They didn't really make Bioshock 2, they just did some level and art design, animation, and asset creation work on the game. 2K Marin was the main studio on the title. Technically there were 6 studios working on it lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

That's good. The premise of the game intrigued me but I was put off a bit by some of the gameplay videos. I don't know, it didn't seem like it was truly open-world. And I'm not sure I like the idea of having superhuman abilities and powers. I'll have to wait and see. I hope it's successful though.

I heard some guys at 4chan beat it in about 4 hours...thats pretty pathetic for a 60$ game. At least RE6 gives you a good value for your money

Player1x3 said:
I heard some guys at 4chan beat it in about 4 hours...thats pretty pathetic for a 60$ game. At least RE6 gives you a good value for your money

Skyrim can be beaten in like 2 hours 16 minutes... No one would accuse that game of having no conent.

Not saying that's the case here, but speed runs aren't really a reliable way to show you the content of a game.

ishiki said:
Player1x3 said:

Skyrim can be beaten in like 2 hours 16 minutes... No one would accuse that game of having no conent.

Not saying that's the case here, but speed runs aren't really a reliable way to show you the content of a game.

They didn't mention it being a speedrun...just a main story walkthrough