By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dishonored Reviews Say Its Once-In-A-Generation, Stunning

zarx said:
Player1x3 said:

They didn't mention it being a speedrun...just a main story walkthrough

From what I have read about it, he played on easy, did an action run, skipped all cutscenes, did no side missions or bonus objectives. And the game also has 7 endings so there is reason to play though multiple times. Most people are reporting 20-24 hours for a full stealth run, typical action run will be ~8h.

To me that doesn't sound like fun.  I purposely didn't follow some Skyrim quest just to stretch out the time playing it.

But to each their own. 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

It looks mildly interesting, but since I'm really not into first-person games--RPGs especially--I'll pass.

88's across the board for all 3 versions. 23 reviews for 360, so a pretty solid sample of reviews there.

88 meta is great, but it's not the sort of meta score for a new IP to be a huge hit with gamers. Looks possibly more like it'll be a modest hit like Darksiders was. It's getting enough 100's to be contender for GOTY with some websites.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I'm beginning to wonder if any upcoming games this holiday will get 90 or higher. I just can't shake the feeling that Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4 will both fall short of "universal acclaim" on Metacritic.

jamesmarkus87 said:
I'm beginning to wonder if any upcoming games this holiday will get 90 or higher. I just can't shake the feeling that Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4 will both fall short of "universal acclaim" on Metacritic.

Metacritic doesn´t matter anymore. They put every piece of shit review now on it.

Around the Network

I've already pre-ordered this game from the psn day 1 store;I hope it lives up to the hype and expectations.

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

Zappykins said:

To me that doesn't sound like fun.  I purposely didn't follow some Skyrim quest just to stretch out the time playing it.

But to each their own. 

Skyrim has no ending and you can do quests in any order, plus it procedurally generated miscellaneous quests. TES games you just play until you get bored sure there is a "main quest" but it's not like the game ends you just keep going. I am afraid to say you wasted your time not doing quests to streatch it out there is a literal unending supply of them.

If it's not your type of game that's fine, but it's not like Skyrim and by a totally different developer. Think more Theif, Hitman or Deus Ex they are more apt comparisons, it's a stealth action game with a fixed end point not an open world game. 

Edit: I now realise you were probably talking about speed running through the game, oh well first half of the post still works tho lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I wasn't really paying attention to this game, but after seeing trailers on youtube and hearing about reviews like this (once in a generation, is not something they would just say without it deserving it), i will get this for christmas

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

jamesmarkus87 said:

I'm almost certain Halo 4 will crack the 90s spot and Assassin's Creed III has a very likely chance as well. Even Hitman has a shot I think. I don't see an entire year going by without several holiday games getting at least a 90 on Metacritic. Doesn't seem realistic.

pezus said:
The PC version has a 90 rating now (and 89 on 360, 88 on PS3). Will pick this up once the Steam holiday sale comes to town.

Ohh come on Pezus. We must support new IPS. Otherwise we will only get "Assassincs Creed 43" and "Call of Duty War of the Super Soldiers Badasses 13"