By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dishonored Reviews Say Its Once-In-A-Generation, Stunning

pezus said:
The PC version has a 90 rating now (and 89 on 360, 88 on PS3). Will pick this up once the Steam holiday sale comes to town.

Do me a favour and dont look at "versions". Ive found numerous reviews on meta where it says Multiplatform review and yet they lable it as X360 and vice versa...

Take the version with the highest reviews and see the point there. In the end isnt that why we go to meta? To get like an average messed up score based on many reviews? To me, Dishonored has 89 based on 41 reviews. Xcom has 90 based on 27 reviews.

Raving reviews. I see GOTY being between Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, MAYBE Forza Horizon (yes I know its a car game but whatever) and maybe Assassins Creed 3.

Reason im sceptical about AC3 is due to the prior games. But if it indeed is as good as it looks (which AC1 was not) then it has a shot.

Around the Network

I've only played for a little over an hour and my first impressions are: awesome artwork, linear fps corridors, Deus ex hr gameplay. I guess the areas will get bigger later on when side quests start appearing.
So far it looks promising, though not instantly addictive.

I've played it for a few hours yesterday and so far it's a pretty solid game.I hope it sells plenty of copies to justify a sequel or becoming the new hit series for years to come.

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

After a couple more hours play, yeah it's good, no it doesn't need a sequel. Just like Bioshock, one will be sufficient.
The areas did get bigger and it's now a full cross between Bioshock and Deus Ex: Hr. Lovely artwork and enjoyable though very familiar game play with a few minor glitches. (some line of sight issues, telepathic guards and swords hitting you through solid walls)

zarx said:
Zappykins said:

To me that doesn't sound like fun.  I purposely didn't follow some Skyrim quest just to stretch out the time playing it.

But to each their own. 

Skyrim has no ending and you can do quests in any order, plus it procedurally generated miscellaneous quests. TES games you just play until you get bored sure there is a "main quest" but it's not like the game ends you just keep going. I am afraid to say you wasted your time not doing quests to streatch it out there is a literal unending supply of them.

If it's not your type of game that's fine, but it's not like Skyrim and by a totally different developer. Think more Theif, Hitman or Deus Ex they are more apt comparisons, it's a stealth action game with a fixed end point not an open world game. 

Edit: I now realise you were probably talking about speed running through the game, oh well first half of the post still works tho lol.

Yes, I assumend Skyrim didn't end when the main quest ended.  But I did some things I really wanted to do, just to be sure.

Yes, I was talking about the speed runs and skipping all the cut scenes.  That's a good deal of the fun for me - learning the story, watching it as it unfolds, etc.  I have a relative that skips everything like a machine.  It makes me see the games is someone just moving two joysticks with their thumbs, and pushing buttons.  Like a Cliff Notes version of a game.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!