By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why doesn't Nintendo redesign their home consoles?

Yet, they release plenty of itterations for their handhelds.

No, the Wii without GC support doesn't count as a proper redesign ike ps2 to ps2 slim...

Around the Network

Maybe because they are already too small.
Btw, they redesigned NES and i believe SNES aswell.

They redesigned the Gamecube in 2004. Anyone remember the Gametrapezoid?

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Nintendo should make a console as big as a grill and then make it smaller for people to have a reason to buy either a second one or for the first time since they can now fit it under the TV.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

They perfect their design prior to release like every company should...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

How can you redesign perfection lol

Because Nintendo don't design consoles to brakedown after 12 months... and need a replacement.

Roma said:
Nintendo should make a console as big as a grill and then make it smaller for people to have a reason to buy either a second one or for the first time since they can now fit it under the TV.

Why would Nintendo want to copy a insufficient setup. The lack of a need to redesign is a good thing. It means their consoles were done right from the beginning.

lilbroex said:
Roma said:

Why would Nintendo want to copy a insufficient setup. The lack of a need to redesign is a good thing. It means their consoles were done right from the beginning.

but they gain more sales which is good for business in times where you are loosing money! I mean if Nintendo had this planned out they would not have lost the small amount they lost with 3DS. think about it! ;)

Nintendo shouldn't be afraid of copying smart business moves

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

One thing that's really amazing is how small the Wii U is compared even to the slim (and super slims) versions of current systems. It's more powerful, yet smaller.

But I agree, they should do it. If only for a visual change, to spice things up