By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Using Bing I just got 100 MS points in less than a week!

Been gold for over a year. Old news Bro.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network
Soleron said:
Slimebeast said:

The latter two, do they make real big money then?

I doubt it. Maybe $100k/year? But not like, more than a high level professional job. And in the case of the CoD guy, he must be putting far more than 40 hours a week in to achieve this, in making the content, keeping up with it, managing his business and so on.

Personally I think streaming or videos are a very poor way to make money. With those talents you can get yourself hired in a normal job for more. These people are doing what they do for the love of it and not for the money. Plus for every one of them there are 1000 Youtubers trying to be them and failing. 

It's exactly like trying to be an actor. The very few will make it but be putting in ridiculous hours that don't justify it, and the vast majority will not even make it that far.

$100k/year is more than I make as a doctor. I think it's awesome money for just filming stuff in your own house mostly and talking in front of a camera. I envy these guys, especially the COD guy lol. And the aquarium guy because he does something I could do almost as well.

Interesting to see your breakdown of the whole population of people who try to make it on YT. It's probably as sad as you say. I wouldn't want to be anyone of them lol.

crissindahouse said:

all i know is that germany's most successful gaming youtuber "gronkh" makes probably good money with it. he has almost half a billion clicks and he has 150k click on average per video and is releasing 4-5 videos per day so around 700k clicks per day but since i would say he will get more clicks now as in the past it could be easily 1 million clicks per day for all his videos right now.

Wow, with +200 mill views per year he must be dirty rich!! What kind of videos does he produce?

Now speaking of clicks, for how long do I have to watch a YT video for it to be registered as one view?

Soleron do you know this?

Slimebeast said:
crissindahouse said:

all i know is that germany's most successful gaming youtuber "gronkh" makes probably good money with it. he has almost half a billion clicks and he has 150k click on average per video and is releasing 4-5 videos per day so around 700k clicks per day but since i would say he will get more clicks now as in the past it could be easily 1 million clicks per day for all his videos right now.

Wow, with +200 mill views per year he must be dirty rich!! What kind of videos does he produce?

Now speaking of clicks, for how long do I have to watch a YT video for it to be registered as one view?

let's play videos of many different games but mostly minecraft. yesterday he uploaded minecraft, cry of fear, black mesa and sam&max^^

crissindahouse said:
Slimebeast said:
crissindahouse said:

let's play videos of many different games but mostly minecraft. yesterday he uploaded minecraft, cry of fear, black mesa and sam&max^^

OMG, "Let's plays"?! That's just too easy money. I think there's a popular Swede doing Let's plays and being a YT superstar almost, by just talking random junk and playing games. I bet he has almost as many views now that I think of it. Name escapes me though.

http://letsplay.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_let%27s_players

It's unfair. Yeah I am envious but that's honestly what I feel.

Around the Network

I'm so angry at video games right now.

lol

Dear, Microsoft

Between Xbox rewards and Bing points, please stop giving away free money because it seems to bug people.

Sincerely, Smroadkill15

smroadkill15 said:
Dear, Microsoft

Between Xbox rewards and Bing points, please stop giving away free money because it seems to bug people.

Sincerely, Smroadkill15

Don't forget to send back their 20p so you don't feel bad yourself!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
smroadkill15 said:
Dear, Microsoft

Sincerely, Smroadkill15

Don't forget to send back their 20p so you don't feel bad yourself!

Already on that. I don't know how I would live with myself if I didn't.