By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Using Bing I just got 100 MS points in less than a week!

Soleron said:
Slimebeast said:

Could you elaborate on point two (2). Especially the "a change in what is shown to you on shopping websites". How can they be connected to my search engine habits? I mean, if I go to let's say online game retailers or whatever, can my experience there be different depending on my Bing or Google search habits?

I'm trying to imagine why MS is paying you for your searches. If not for your information, are they literally just paying people to use them instead of Google?

Pretty much.  Search engine money is HUGE buisness.  A few gift cards here or there to get you to automatically type bing instead of google is well worth it in the long term.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
crissindahouse said:
Soleron said:
125 searches for 1 dollar worth of points? Part time jobs pay far, far better.

and how much do you get for 125 searches in your freetime right now?

1 dollar isn't even worth giving up one's personal information and searching habits to Microsoft for.

Are you really that desperate for money?

Its not worth giving it up for google either. Atleast use something that has a return. 

Yay!!!

Slimebeast said:

$100k/year is more than I make as a doctor. I think it's awesome money for just filming stuff in your own house mostly and talking in front of a camera. I envy these guys, especially the COD guy lol. And the aquarium guy because he does something I could do almost as well.

Interesting to see your breakdown of the whole population of people who try to make it on YT. It's probably as sad as you say. I wouldn't want to be anyone of them lol.

I never knew you were a doctor, what kind of doctor are you?

Before the rewards were way more generous. You could easily get 50 points a day with like 10 searches. I used to use it then but now its just not worth the effort.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

bing is such trash.
I don't care what the commercials say. people pick it because it's pretty.
And now they're down to outright bribery.

See, my feelings on the matter do have some reasoning- So, I have this search bar installed on my internet that for whatever reason made all new tabs as bing searches...sometimes I'll accidentally bing and not realize it.

Whenever I complete a search, you know what makes me realize I just used bing? The results are never what I'm looking for.

It's probably the worst impression I've ever had of a product lol

It's like using a toaster to make some delicious buttered toast and instead a burnt banana cream pie pops out and you're like, oops, wrong toaster again. I'll make sure next time that I have the right one.

But, I'm not surprised, given only a couple years ago, they were caught forwarding all the bing searches through google. They simply don't have the experience to understand that search results should be relevant!

Thanks for reminding us. I got a free Bing hat and Bing ball (like a magic 8 ball.)

I forget I could get points.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Soleron said:
crissindahouse said:
Soleron said:
125 searches for 1 dollar worth of points? Part time jobs pay far, far better.

and how much do you get for 125 searches in your freetime right now?

1 dollar isn't even worth giving up one's personal information and searching habits to Microsoft for.

Are you really that desperate for money?

how exactly is that desperation? If you used search engines already, its essentially free money.

It's Microsoft who's desperate. And if Google's search share slips too low they'll get desperate too.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Mendicate Bias said:
Slimebeast said:

$100k/year is more than I make as a doctor. I think it's awesome money for just filming stuff in your own house mostly and talking in front of a camera. I envy these guys, especially the COD guy lol. And the aquarium guy because he does something I could do almost as well.

Interesting to see your breakdown of the whole population of people who try to make it on YT. It's probably as sad as you say. I wouldn't want to be anyone of them lol.

I never knew you were a doctor, what kind of doctor are you?

Before the rewards were way more generous. You could easily get 50 points a day with like 10 searches. I used to use it then but now its just not worth the effort.

I'm a general practitioner.

What do you do for a living?

Slimebeast said:

I did my BS in Biology and Biotechnology and now I'm doing my Masters in Clinical Pathology. Applying to medical school for next year.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

So really, the question is.... do I think it's worth a dollar a week to use Bing?

SW-5120-1900-6153

Mendicate Bias said:
Slimebeast said:

I did my BS in Biology and Biotechnology and now I'm doing my Masters in Clinical Pathology. Applying to medical school for next year.

Cool! Will you be... what's the word... what are your chances to get into med skool? How old are you?