By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Killzone 2 will come out in 2008 no matter what the quality"

man i thought the developers said that.. just some ol joe smo said it on the podcast.. meeehhh

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

If they said what's written in the thread title they are dumb as hell. That's why i like Miyamoto, he may delay his game for years but when it comes out it will be a work of art. Who would want a buggy, unstable version of KZ2 in 2008 more than a flawless KZ2 in 2009?

gamingdevil said:
If they said what's written in the thread title they are dumb as hell. That's why i like Miyamoto, he may delay his game for years but when it comes out it will be a work of art. Who would want a buggy, unstable version of KZ2 in 2008 more than a flawless KZ2 in 2009?

naw just someone who doesnt have anything to do with the game said that...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

gamingdevil said:

The guys at 1Up said this, not Geurilla Games.

Ah ok then, i'm pretty relieved.

Around the Network

Wow that comment is so not comforting, "come out no matter what". That's a pretty big call to make, and an issue I had with Halo 3 (I agree with the comparison made by makingmusic). Halo 3 lacked the polish a extra year of development would have given it.

Issue is, Killzone 2 is no where near as big as halo 3 (as a franchise), random joe who know's nothing about video games isn't going to pick up KZ2 like they would a Halo game. So if they release it early, it'll hurt saleswise if it gets bad reviews because core gamers will be put off and the public won't get into it because it doesn't have the "must pick up because it's got X franchise name attached" like you would get with Halo, FF, God of War, Gran Turismo, Mario.

EDIT: Didn't realise it was a random with no connection to the game's development that said it. 

Wow how can he said that, he is mad.....

it's a good thing the guys at 1up work for GG, otherwise we'd never have this tidbit of information

Considering how much is being spent on this and how many people are working on this game, I think this game will be finished by the end of the year easily. I would guess on a beta in March-June around that time

Also note:

Shane kept on saying "SOONER Than you think"

I'll go as far as saying we could have BEta at GDC & E3 release...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey