By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there any Xbox360 game worth playing that won't be out on PC?

shio said:
Legend11 said:
shio said:
on that list...

already confirmed for PC:
-Condemned 2
-Dark Sector
-Dead Space

Really? Links please.

Dead Space: http://pc.ign.com/articles/846/846053p1.html

the other two, check their official sites. 

I checked both official sites and no mention of a PC versions or even a PC logo of any kind

It's cool about Dead Space though.

Around the Network

It's one of the reasons I haven't bought a 360. I'm still uncertain, but I'm probably just going to upgrade my PC instead.

Usually most 360 "exclusives" get ported to pc for more money.

mM
Legend11 said:
There are a lot of games, especially multiplatform ones that are coming to the 360 but not currently scheduled for PC. Some might be ported to PC but it could be many months or even a year or more.

Here are just a few:

Resident Evil 5
Grand Theft Auto 4
Burnout Paradise
Army of Two
Banjo Kazooie 3
Too Human
Darksiders
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Saints Row 2
Soul Calibur 4
Cry On
Halo Wars
Halo Chronicles
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
Battlefield: Bad Company
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Brutal Legend
Condemned 2
Fracture
Silent Hill 5
Wet
Viking: Battle of Asgard
Bully: Scholorship Edition
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Halo 3
Dead Rising
Eternal Sonata
Ace Combat 6
Virtua Fighter 5
Blue Dragon
Project Gotham Racing 3 & 4

Saints Row
Tenchu Z
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Dead or Alive 4
Crackdown
Earth Defence Force 2017
Forza Motorsport 2
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Skate
Rock Band
Dark Sector
Civilization Revolution
Dead Space
Saboteur
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Top Spin 3
Indiana Jones
Hydrophobia
The Bourne Conspiracy
and many more...

I wouldn't think so. Bizarre Creations is no longer owned by MS (but Activision), and therefor are "Only on Windows" exclusives totaly unnecessary for Activision. You've maybe not noticed this, but they don't  do any "Tony Hawk"-ports on PC anymore... why would they port PGR to PC, then? The next title in the series, PGR5, will probably be a multiplatform game, originally created for 360/PS3, plus any kinds of ports to Wii and/or handhelds, however NOT to PC.

About the rest of them: yes, there will probably be a PC port!

Absolutely. But; the PC line up for 2008 looks so damn good, I'm almost inclined to forget about consoles alltogether for a year!
Not quite, but close though.
Even if some (or most) of the "big" 360 are or will be on PC; some games are just more fun with a pad, a huge TV and a throbbing surround set to shake your bones!

Around the Network

There are some games that they will keep 360 only but the list of games I want to play on that list are few. So between my PS3 and PC I'm pretty well covered. As it stands dead rising and ninja gaiden are the only ones I won't be able to get and they don't warrent me spending $350.

PSN ID: WAR_MACHINE77  Wii friend code: 7186 4304 6064 5134 Gamertag: WARMACHINE mk2

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
Post here to play with fellow VGC members in WarHawk! -> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Game Over! said:
Legend11 said:
There are a lot of games, especially multiplatform ones that are coming to the 360 but not currently scheduled for PC. Some might be ported to PC but it could be many months or even a year or more.

Here are just a few:

Resident Evil 5
Grand Theft Auto 4
Burnout Paradise
Army of Two
Banjo Kazooie 3
Too Human
Darksiders
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Saints Row 2
Soul Calibur 4
Cry On
Halo Wars
Halo Chronicles
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
Battlefield: Bad Company
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Brutal Legend
Condemned 2
Fracture
Silent Hill 5
Wet
Viking: Battle of Asgard
Bully: Scholorship Edition
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Halo 3
Dead Rising
Eternal Sonata
Ace Combat 6
Virtua Fighter 5
Blue Dragon
Project Gotham Racing 3 & 4

Saints Row
Tenchu Z
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Dead or Alive 4
Crackdown
Earth Defence Force 2017
Forza Motorsport 2
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Skate
Rock Band
Dark Sector
Civilization Revolution
Dead Space
Saboteur
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Top Spin 3
Indiana Jones
Hydrophobia
The Bourne Conspiracy
and many more...

I wouldn't think so. Bizarre Creations is no longer owned by MS (but Activision), and therefor are "Only on Windows" exclusives totaly unnecessary for Activision. You've maybe not noticed this, but they don't  do any "Tony Hawk"-ports on PC anymore... why would they port PGR to PC, then? The next title in the series, PGR5, will probably be a multiplatform game, originally created for 360/PS3, plus any kinds of ports to Wii and/or handhelds, however NOT to PC.

About the rest of them: yes, there will probably be a PC port!

Umm I think you misunderstood the list.  I wasn't making a list of games that are coming onto PC, these are some of the ones (well except for Dead Space) that have 360 versions coming but no PC version announced.  I could list more, basically any Japanese rpg for example and there are also others coming out like Harker, Rainy Woods, Dead or Alive: Code Chronos, Dogtag, Mortal Kombat 8, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, NCAA March Madness 08, 1XR, NCAA 08, Hail to the Chimp, Cipher Complex, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, Data-Fly, Guillermo Del Toro's Sundown, Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2, Afro Samurai, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Demons of Mercy, Jumper, Culdcept Saga, etc.

I've been thinking the same thing, as I've been pondering wether I want a 360 or a new PC next year. I've pretty much decided on a PC after reviewing the 2008 exclusive lists.

The only title from the 360 that I really want is Mass Effect, which doesn't have a PC date set, but you don't need to be a rocket surgeon to know a port is already in the works. I'm slightly worried about how heinous the minimum specs to run it will be, but a mid-level computer bought this year should be enough.

Halo 3 is nice, but doesn't really do anything a lot of PC games don't do better, and the rest of the titles I'm interested in will probably end up on the Wii as well.

Of course the decision what you which you want is totally up to you. Chances are the two of us don't have completely identical tastes in games anyway.

leo-j said:
Usually most 360 "exclusives" get ported to pc for more money.

and vise versa!  Is one the reasons the 360 library is as big as it is.  Works out great for PC and 360 gamers as they can get more games to choose from and pick based on their preference.

jaded hippy said:
Desroko said:
Ninja Gaiden 2.

Also, who said Halo? Both of the first two are on PC. I'm asuming the third will be as well.
I said Halo. It's just my opinion but the first two took years to come to the pc and they were very poor ports. I don't know about the second one, but the first one did not even have the split screen multiplayer feature. I don't know what microsoft is planning, but I think it will be the same for Halo 3.

I hate to break it to you, but the PC versions of Halo 1 & 2 were actually improved from the xbox originals. They got much lower review scores because 1.) They came out years later, and 2.) They faced much stiffer competition on the PC than they did on xbox.

OT: I think the 360 is a good console, but the fact that most of it's top games come out on PC (often in better versions) is one of the main reasons I would never buy a 360. It is great for non-PC gamers, but I think most PC gamers see it as a gimped PC in a box.