By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there any Xbox360 game worth playing that won't be out on PC?

If you can't walk into a game store and find games that interest you that are only availible on 360 then there is no hope for you.

There are tons of games not avail on the PC a giant list up above. Not to mention if you want to wait 2 years for the games to finaly show up on pc well have fun playing yesteryears top games. This is yet another rehash on this same bull crap argument. Don't buy a 360 if you don't want to but trying to justify it by saying that -all- the good ones come out on pc is bull.

Around the Network

the answer is simply NO

Hemlock said:
Is there any Xbox360 game worth playing that won't be out on PC? It seems like all the top tier games are out on PC already, or will be. I'm not sure. That's why I'm asking. The only games I think I'll have to buy an Xbox360 for are the Xbox Live Arcade offerings.

Explain this to me...

People can't seriously answer your question since only you know what games are worth playing to you.

So... are you a sheep looking to be told what your taste in games should be (as the above posters have assumed) or are you trolling?

I know which one I'm guessing...

Dont listen to these guys who hate to see an Western company outcompete a traditionally Japanese based industry.

Xbox 360 has Halo 3, Halo Wars, Fable 2, Losty Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human, Alan Wake, plus a bunch of others but these are tops in my book...

Thats not to mention that you'll need to get a XBox 360 or PS3 to play Grand Theft Auto 4, and since XBox 360 has better games, better online play, and is cheaper than PS3 you'll be better off getting it.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

I agree.  The 360 has more than enough games out now and coming in the future to make it a worthy purchase for anyone interested in the kinds of games it offers.  It's lifecycle is likely to be at least 5 years, probably 6 or 7, and in that time the system will definitely have enough exclusive content to justify it's price.

Around the Network
ManusJustusNardus said:

Dont listen to these guys who hate to see an Western company outcompete a traditionally Japanese based industry.

Xbox 360 has Halo 3, Halo Wars, Fable 2, Losty Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human, Alan Wake, plus a bunch of others but these are tops in my book...

Thats not to mention that you'll need to get a XBox 360 or PS3 to play Grand Theft Auto 4, and since XBox 360 has better games, better online play, and is cheaper than PS3 you'll be better off getting it.

Alan Wake is going to be on the PC as well, and I don't doubt that Halo 3, Fable 2, and Halo Wars will be ported eventually.  Actually, I'm expecting Halo Wars to hit both platforms simultaneously, as it is being made by Ensemble Studios, traditionally PC-only developers.

makingmusic476 said:
ManusJustusNardus said:

Dont listen to these guys who hate to see an Western company outcompete a traditionally Japanese based industry.

Xbox 360 has Halo 3, Halo Wars, Fable 2, Losty Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human, Alan Wake, plus a bunch of others but these are tops in my book...

Thats not to mention that you'll need to get a XBox 360 or PS3 to play Grand Theft Auto 4, and since XBox 360 has better games, better online play, and is cheaper than PS3 you'll be better off getting it.

Alan Wake is going to be on the PC as well, and I don't doubt that Halo 3, Fable 2, and Halo Wars will be ported eventually.  Actually, I'm expecting Halo Wars to hit both platforms simultaneously, as it is being made by Ensemble Studios, traditionally PC-only developers.

They have stated that Halo Wars is being designed from the ground up with the 360 in mind. So no go on the dual release. Fable 2 & Halo 3 perhaps but If you want to wait until 2011 to play them go ahead.

I wouldn't see why you'd want to play a 360 game that's been ported to the PC. It's always (sadly) the inferior version. Halo 1 and 2 weren't that good on PC (Halo 2 > Halo 1 though) and Gears is obviously notorious for the lack of polish with the new levels and the bugs.

Not sure why people are saying get the Wii. Aside from Galaxy, MP3, RE:UC, Z&W and eventually MKW and SSBB there's not much to look forward to on the Wii. It's more of a "side console" to the PS3 or 360 imo.

@Words Of Wisdom's comments: Wow, you're username described your post perfectly (just in case it sounds like it, there was no sarcasm in that comment).

@ Making Music I didn't know that about Alan Wake. Regardless, Alan Wake is made to be an XBox 360 game that will port to PC so XBox 360 will be the better version. The same thing about other XBox 360 to PC ports, even if Halo 3 ports to PC it wont be for a long time, so why would you want to wait 2 or 3 years to play a game when you can play it now when its in its prime. And Halo Wars platform is currently listed as XBox 360 only, but I would imagine that this would be more likely to eventually port to PC since its more of a PC-like strategy game. Also, Microsoft ported a lot of original XBox games to PC because XBox was losing tons of money and didnt have much of a userbase (only 25 million at end of generation). Now with XBox 360 being much more successful they will have little to no reason to port games to PC.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Fable 2, Lost Oddessey, and Ninja Gaiden 2 are three I can think of off the top of my head.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.