By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, is Resident Evil a Playstation Franchise or an Xbox Franchise, now?

Tagged games:

Resident Evil is most beloved on:

Xbox consoles 26 13.83%

Playstation consoles 110 58.51%

Nintendo got Resident Evil 0 and nobody else 52 27.66%

Total:188
BHR-3 said:
re6 will sell more on ps3 thats a givin just like 5 did that posters were giving me grip about
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=1674211

but re is a MS franchise now b/c its superior performance and graphics (RE5 was its unkown for re6 but should be the same result as its the same engine) and gets dlc first

re has not always been multi the first released for PS, more than a year went by before it was ported to saturn, i believe about a year went by again before they were ported for re 2 and 3

RE5 and 6 both look better on PS3, what?

Around the Network

Obviously playstation since it sells more and don't forget the portable VITA version

What about Nintendo? Theyve been getting their fair share of RE as well.

I label this franchise as no-mans-land

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

It's a Nintendo franchise. That's why they got the highest quality game on the 3DS.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Kawaiix33 said:
Obviously playstation since it sells more and don't forget the portable VITA versio

Hmm... I guess I did forget about the Vita version, might be because I don't think it exists.

Around the Network
Kawaiix33 said:
Obviously playstation since it sells more and don't forget the portable VITA version

Capcom forgot that one too!

kain_kusanagi said:
Resident Evil 1 is on Sega Saturn.

Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica are on Dreamcast.

It's a Sega franchise.

0, REmake, 2, 3, CV and 4 are all on the Gamecube.

It's a Nintendo franchise, seriously.

c03n3nj0 said:

Can you play Resident Evil Revelations on Sony or Microsoft platforms?

RE is a Nintendo franchise is as much as it is a Sony franchise. Not so much for MS, though, they get the least out of the three. Why people seem to think its still mainly on PS consoles is beyond me. 

No, which is my point. The MAIN series games aren't on Nintendo platforms. Nintendo has sidegames. If/when the WiiU gets RE 5 and 6, then Nintendo will be on the same level, if not higher than Sony and Microsoft.

Horrorfest said:
BHR-3 said:
re6 will sell more on ps3 thats a givin just like 5 did that posters were giving me grip about
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=1674211

but re is a MS franchise now b/c its superior performance and graphics (RE5 was its unkown for re6 but should be the same result as its the same engine) and gets dlc first

re has not always been multi the first released for PS, more than a year went by before it was ported to saturn, i believe about a year went by again before they were ported for re 2 and 3

RE5 and 6 both look better on PS3, what?

ehm,, no. Not at all.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-resident-evil-5/

Graphics were better in 360. And not just by some minor number of pixels. You could actually see a difference while playing the game.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Carl2291 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Can you play Resident Evil Revelations on Sony or Microsoft platforms?

RE is a Nintendo franchise is as much as it is a Sony franchise. Not so much for MS, though, they get the least out of the three. Why people seem to think its still mainly on PS consoles is beyond me. 

No, which is my point. The MAIN series games aren't on Nintendo platforms. Nintendo has sidegames. If/when the WiiU gets RE 5 and 6, then Nintendo will be on the same level, if not higher than Sony and Microsoft.

Zero, Revelations and REmake (which adds content) can also count in the "main" series. And looking at the reception, yes, it seems Nintendo is only missing 5.

Edit: Not saying is a Nintendo franchise, as it is only a Capcom franchise, but it's silly to ignore the importance of some of the games exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile