By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why should we even waste our time voting for President anymore?

sales2099 said:
Thing is Obama racks up all this debt trying to solve a crisis that cant be solved in a term (middle east crisis).

But overall, to denounce voting is to denounce democracy, and all the things that come with it, including your free speech that would get you killed in other countries.

Except we kind of live in a Republic, not a democracy.  In IR terms, we are a democracy but we aren't talking about IR are we?  

Free speech isn't necessarily free speech, and to denounce voting isn't necessarily to denounce democracy anyway.  Denouncing the voting system could very well be used as a means of revising it.  We don't directly vote for the president anyway, and our votes are not equal.  Some peoples votes count more than others, and in the end, the delegates really choose.

Around the Network

It's a pity there is no "Abstain" option for voters. You either are considered responsible enough to vote or not. If there were a proper Abstain option, people like you would at least have a choice.

Love and tolerate.

You vote because you can, feel entitled to, feel responsibility to, or have an actual strong preference for party or candidate.

I voted for Obama because I believed in his sincerity.

I think I will do so again because his sincerity hasn't changed, his execution has focused on things he pledged to work on, he has repaired a ton of damage done by Bush Jr. administration, the work isn't completed, and there isn't an adequate challenger party or candidate. I also don't want any part of the current Tea Party vocal rule republican party in office... they are too radical in my view.

Salnax said:
It's a pity there is no "Abstain" option for voters. You either are considered responsible enough to vote or not. If there were a proper Abstain option, people like you would at least have a choice.

You are always free to write in on the ballot. Vote for whomever you like... be that someone arguably good choice like Ron Paul or Ralph Nader... or someone arguably bad choice like Snooki or Sarah Palin.

There's always a reason to vote if for no other reason than to vote for the lesser of two evils (or vote independent). The way I see it, if you don't vote then you have no right to complain about who is in office because you didn't exercise the simplest of your rights, the right to vote. I have caught some flack from some about this belief, but it's truly how I feel about the subject.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I am with you. There is no reason to vote especially if your state is already going to vote for another candidate. Your vote is worthless if your state goes with another person with a terrible system called the electoral college. I don't even think I will bother to vote for Gary Johnson.  Fuck the electoral college and the two party system.

because your ancestor fought for that right..... they die for you to have that power... if you dont want to vote, go to north korea or somewhere

because its free

aikohualda said:
because your ancestor fought for that right..... they die for you to have that power... if you dont want to vote, go to north korea or somewhere

Love the love it or leave it responses like yours...  Reminds me of Born on the 4th of July.  Guess what they also died so we could bitch about our shitty government.

Who cares
The only thing that is changing is the name of the most hated person in the world
The USA will always do what they want - Buying weapons,making everyone mad,stacking their dept and stealing stuff.Doesn't matter if it is Obama,Mickey Mouse or someone else.
Its always the same and every sane person knows this - But well there are even people who believe in santa or the easterbunny.