By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I want/expect from Nintendo Next-Gen

What do you want from Nintendo Next Gen?

New Ips 18 19.35%

F-Zero 3ds 5 5.38%

Better online features and No Friend Code 9 9.68%

Retro's Games 12 12.90%

EarthBound 3ds Collection 4 4.30%

More Studios for Nintendo... 12 12.90%

More attention on other I... 20 21.51%

Third Party Support 13 13.98%

Total:93

Retro

Retro should do what there name implies do retro games. I would rather them work on Ip the exist and give new life to them then create game like Uncharted whcih would be a waste of there ability. Before people say "I rather them work on something totally different than work on something old." Look at Kid Icarus did that look like anything from the original? It was something new and different. I will be upset if we get a realistic game unless it's Metroid like game. No gun games... please....

Some games Ip I think they can work on.

1.Donkey Kong

2.New Metroid that's not prime because it ended with 3 like they wanted.

3.Ice Climbers

4.Star  Fox

I don't want them to work on Zelda or F-Zero as I feel those games are not the type of games that would work with them.

Mario

I think they should turn down the Mario a bit. I'm buying Super Mario Bros U and nintendo said there will only be one per platform so that's good but there are way to many spin-offs using time that could be used for other Ips. I believe mario should hit 10 and that's it I'm sorry but it has run it's course. From  2013 to 2016 there should only be 5-8 Mario games and that includes Lugi and Yoshi games. 

F-Zero 3ds

I would like if F-Zero was made on 3ds because it has a better chance of selling and making a profit as a HD F-zero may flop like gamecube because of how hard it is. On the 3ds a fraction/half of a million a success because of development cost being so low. Plus it would have gamecube like graphics which wouldn't be bad.

New Ips.

Would be nice to see new Ips that are unique like Mario/Zelda/Kirby. I will not buy a Nintendo game with some generic looking guy. I want a character that I can love like other Nintendo characters. Miyamoto  is working on a new Ip so I feel like we all going to be happy soon. I would like if other areas of Nintendo work on a dark game in the sense of serious themes but again unique charcaters plz and no emo boys.

Earthbound 3ds Collection

Self said. All three games in one collection for Amercia and Europe.

Online Support that isn't good but great(Wii-U).

Video Chat. Better online capability than Xbox360/Ps3 by that I mean that you run battlefield game with 20 players not 12 like current consoles. NO FRIEND CODE. Let me pick my name or at least make it 5 digits or something. I hate how friend codes are like social security numbers, please just get rid of it. Please give me a friend list too because the wii one was confusing and just flat stupid. Also don't make it so difficult to add someone as a friend codes because of no clear way to do it let to most not using it.

One or two new studios.

I feel like Nintendo puts out less games than Sony so I would like if they don't have so many dry spots as Mircosoft. For the 3ds they should do more outsources like Capcom and Zelda. Heck just more outsources in general.

The amount of games per Ip I expect.

Zelda 3ds: 2-3  Wii-U:1 (2 if spin-off which I have been hoping for ...since ever...)

Donkey kong 3ds: 3   Wii-U:2

Mario 3ds: 10-12    Wii-U: 6-8 ( being realistic)

Star Fox 3ds: 2   Wii-U: 1

Pikman 3ds: 1   Wii-U: 2

Fire Emblem 3ds: 3  Wii-U: 1

Earthbound 3ds: 1 ( because even one is hoping for to much :/)

Pokemon 3ds: 5-8( Please get rid of 2d it's time for 3d now)    Wii-U: 2 (doesn't have to be MMO can be like the gamecube one). (One pokemon 3d That has ONLINE that is GREAT and battle others that level up on the game itself.)

New Ips 3ds:  5-6         Wii-U: 5-6

That's all, folks.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

F zero 3D
And every Nintendo franchise in HD

Wow. Asking for much, are we?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Wow. Asking for much, are we?

Actually not really as much of what I said happened on DS and Wii.

But most is just wishful thinking.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

1) continue to make great 1st party software
2) push online features well past what you can get in PS360 / smartTVs / iTV / GoogleTV/ etc
3) do what it takes to secure every 3rd part multi-platform
4) offer solid digital download discounts similar to steam (not like how 1st retail stays full price for years)
5) attempt to get a few 3rd party exclusives (very minor issue)

Around the Network

What I want from Nintendo is new IPs, better online and better third party support, if they can bring those things with the Wii U and 3DS then Nintendo pretty much won the next gen, at least for me.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Add an option for more RPGs

What I'm expecting (otherwise I will be disappointed) from Nintendo is:
A.) A greater effort to develop their legacy IPs (outside Mario and Zelda) or new IPs.
B.) A major facous on online, while retaining their local multiplayer focus.
C.) Finally I want them to give Mario Kart the attention it deserves; a longer development cycle, more manpower more budget. Really, considering how much important the series is to both old school fans and the new audience, it's absurd that they every itaration of the game is rushed. It's not like NSMB where a bigger budget wouldn't make the game much better, Mario Kart has an huge margin to get better imo.

What I wish but I'm not expecting form Nintendo is a DKCR direct sequel, a new Metroid, a new Starfox.

I want Nintendo to develop a racing sim that is the direct competition for Gran Turismo and Forza.

Also, some interactive drama like Heavy Rain.

FrancisNobleman said:
I want Nintendo to develop a racing sim that is the direct competition for Gran Turismo and Forza.

Also, some interactive drama like Heavy Rain.

I would rather a better interactive story like Shenmue. I hope the HD collections come to the Wii U.