By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I want/expect from Nintendo Next-Gen

What do you want from Nintendo Next Gen?

New Ips 18 19.35%

F-Zero 3ds 5 5.38%

Better online features and No Friend Code 9 9.68%

Retro's Games 12 12.90%

EarthBound 3ds Collection 4 4.30%

More Studios for Nintendo... 12 12.90%

More attention on other I... 20 21.51%

Third Party Support 13 13.98%

Total:93

Give me fff-zero boi :) on the wii u not 3ds

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
It would be nice to see Banjo-Kazooie return to nintendo, but it probably won't happen :(

Actually Rare is allowed to make games for the 3DS so it's a possibility that Microsoft would let them

I hope so, those games were among my favourites on the nintendo 64. But it just seems to me, rare has gone to shit, since being acquired by Microsoft

Not really.  They have been successful in ways.  Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, and Kameo have all been solid titles.  The problem I see is that the type of games they make fit better with nintendo than with microsoft.  But yeah they made a game or two on the DS.  Microsoft doesnt see handhelds as competitors so they will publish for handhelds and Microsoft still makes money.  So everybody wins.  Possibility but who knows

Back in the 90's, rare made loads more games, Donkey Kong, Goldeneye, banjo-Kazooie and many other titles for the SNES and N64. Viva Pinata and Kameo didn't make the same impact, now they make just kinect sports, they deserve to make better games like in the nintendo days. They did make some games for DS, but that was not often either

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Three words:  THIRD PARTY SUPPORT.  This is something that Nintendo's post-SNES consoles have been sorely lacking over the years.  WiiU SHOULD be the console to finally fix that problem.

JayWood2010 said:
I want all of those to be honest, but I'm interested in some new Nintendo IP's the most. We know that Miyamoto is interested in a FPS game and I think that would be interesting coming from nintendo

Agreed

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
It would be nice to see Banjo-Kazooie return to nintendo, but it probably won't happen :(

Actually Rare is allowed to make games for the 3DS so it's a possibility that Microsoft would let them

I hope so, those games were among my favourites on the nintendo 64. But it just seems to me, rare has gone to shit, since being acquired by Microsoft

Not really.  They have been successful in ways.  Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, and Kameo have all been solid titles.  The problem I see is that the type of games they make fit better with nintendo than with microsoft.  But yeah they made a game or two on the DS.  Microsoft doesnt see handhelds as competitors so they will publish for handhelds and Microsoft still makes money.  So everybody wins.  Possibility but who knows

Back in the 90's, rare made loads more games, Donkey Kong, Goldeneye, banjo-Kazooie and many other titles for the SNES and N64. Viva Pinata and Kameo didn't make the same impact, now they make just kinect sports, they deserve to make better games like in the nintendo days. They did make some games for DS, but that was not often either

Oh I agree with you completely as I think pretty much everybody does.  I'd like to see Conker's Bad Fur Day make a return personally.  I was just saying they're not near as bad as what people make them out to be.  They don't have the same employees and there golden days are behind them but theyre still a solid company.  

Around the Network

We can only pick one? Pretty much want all of the above.

JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:

Oh I agree with you completely as I think pretty much everybody does.  I'd like to see Conker's Bad Fur Day make a return personally.  I was just saying they're not near as bad as what people make them out to be.  They don't have the same employees and there golden days are behind them but theyre still a solid company.  

It just bothers me that one of what used to be a top developer, is no longer that anymore. They games now, aren't crap, it's just the games they used to make were among the very best, there was. Maybe, rare will make some good stuff for the next xbox, but will shall see

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:

It just bothers me that one of what used to be a top developer, is no longer that anymore. They games now, aren't crap, it's just the games they used to make were among the very best, there was. Maybe, rare will make some good stuff for the next xbox, but will shall see

Yeah hopefully they will, I think they will have a launch title on the nextbox

What I want from Nintendo:

Good games

What I will get from Nintendo:

Same crappy games as always

I think 3rd party support is most important. Would like to see what new IPs they could think up at Nintendo as well.