By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I want/expect from Nintendo Next-Gen

What do you want from Nintendo Next Gen?

New Ips 18 19.35%

F-Zero 3ds 5 5.38%

Better online features and No Friend Code 9 9.68%

Retro's Games 12 12.90%

EarthBound 3ds Collection 4 4.30%

More Studios for Nintendo... 12 12.90%

More attention on other I... 20 21.51%

Third Party Support 13 13.98%

Total:93

DOKI DOKI PANIC! 2

Make it happen Nintendo.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

Better online support and structure is guaranteed at this point and I was going to vote for that but the option lists no friend code.

Nintendo is very unlikely to let that bit of "parental assistance" go at least not yet.

F-Zero GX 3D

Rant mode on!

I'm fast approaching 40 and becoming more than a little cynical of all these sequels of sequels of sequels of sequels of sequels of sequels of sequels. Granted, Nintendo isn't the only guilty party -- pretty much all established companies do this. But Nintendo is definitely one of the leaders in this regard. (Yes, I realize the 3DS features a handful of original downloadable games.)

I long for the days when almost all titles were new and sequels were a rarity.

No, I don't believe old discreet logic arcade games or Atari 2600 console titles were better than today's games. No effing way. However, walking into an arcade on a weekend in the early 80's would invariably guarantee at least one new surprise.

It was exhilarating to try something you'd never played -- or even heard of -- before. Maybe it would end up being a good experience, or maybe not. But like clockwork, the following weekend another new game was sure to appear. Great fun.

It's weird reading people actually wanting Nintendo to make another F-Zero game, another Zelda game, another Mario game, another Donkey Kong game, another Pokemon game, another Metroid game, etc. I guess it's true: people know what they want, they want what they know.

Well, I want something completely new. Surprise me, Nintendo! Surprise me with something I don't know.

Rant mode off.

For the interested parties, most of my free time these days is devoted to Minecraft. I love this game. (Apart from the throwback graphics, that is...)

open world pokemon game (like gta 4 but with pokemons), I always wanted to see this when I was younger and now the tech is here to make a game like that

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:
open world pokemon game (like gta 4 but with pokemons), I always wanted to see this when I was younger and now the tech is here to make a game like that

Ugh, of all the open world types I can think of, GTA4  would be one of the worst templets.

I would rather they with one of "their own" many templates like the Mario 64 or Twlight Princess template.  Nintendo has been doing open world for over a decade now that I think about it.

ninetailschris said:

Retro

2.New Metroid that's not prime because it ended with 3 like they wanted.

POSSIBLE SPOILER!!

Then why did they put in that mysterious spaceship following after Samus, which you only get to see after completing the game..? Clearly they've left something open to be able to continue the series.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046