By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Halo 4 may be the savior of First Party Titles for MS..

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1378960/goldeneye_dev_rare_developing_new_action_ip_for_xbox_720_report.html

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-16-lionhead-making-mmo-like-new-ip-for-next-xbox-report

You can find 8 months ago article but can't find this?

Around the Network

ZaneWane said:

your opinion not fact also ps3 games are bundled heavy like uncharted and gran turismo

What??? People here are wondering why Sony does not do that... the first heavy bundle from Sony is the 500GB to be out in EU only.

Sorry but GT5 is not heavy bundled... there are just one or two limited bundles.

I didn't even know there were articles concerning the reasons why MS hasn't been working hard on new IPs...I need to catch up!

iFlow said:
I didn't even know there were articles concerning the reasons why MS hasn't been working hard on new IPs...I need to catch up!

I know Crytek is working on a Kinect game for them. :)

This place is slowly turning into N4G.

Around the Network
iFlow said:
Cobretti2 said:
I don't see the point of this thread

Halo 4 alone on hype will succeed. Any extra sales will be from quality.

Sorry if I couldn't get my point across. The point I'm trying to get is that the success of Halo 4 may get Microsoft to take more risks which in turn leads to more developers and IPs.

Ah I see.

but isn't halo pretty much always a sucecss? The last few Halo have sold extremely well so what difference does another Halo success make for Micrososft in their risk taking analysis?

It won't do anything for exclusives on the 360, Halo 4 is likely the last first party game (apart from kinect) that will be released on the xbox 360. Then when Next gen comes it will be the same thing all over again - Halo/forza/gears/kinect.

That's why I am so much more excited for the next generation playstation, The amount of new ips and games just for the PS3 in it's later years is amazing and I can only dream of what's to come next, on the xbox side of things it seems they are going after casuals and sticking with what works without trying anything new.

I'm not concerned with the lack of new IP's at this moment. It's at the end of a generation and the nextbox will be arriving next holiday season. It's not just MS with the lack of new IP's, but the industry as a whole at this point. Most developers are saving their big new AAA IP's for next gen.

Corey said:
It won't do anything for exclusives on the 360, Halo 4 is likely the last first party game (apart from kinect) that will be released on the xbox 360. Then when Next gen comes it will be the same thing all over again - Halo/forza/gears/kinect.

That's why I am so much more excited for the next generation playstation, The amount of new ips and games just for the PS3 in it's later years is amazing and I can only dream of what's to come next, on the xbox side of things it seems they are going after casuals and sticking with what works without trying anything new.

For the sake of future Xbox investors I hope Gears lasts until the end of this gen because the storyline is pretty much cooked. The Xbox hopefuls deserve better and Microsoft has taken advantage of that wholly. Microsoft hurt their launch of the 720 by launching Halo now. Seeing the way MS is doing things now I guess I could see Halo on a two year window. On the Gears end though, unless they plan on truly milking into redundancy just to make money they should really pay Epic to make them a new IP since they cant internally  make one themselves.

smroadkill15 said:
I'm not concerned with the lack of new IP's at this moment. It's at the end of a generation and the nextbox will be arriving next holiday season. It's not just MS with the lack of new IP's, but the industry as a whole at this point. Most developers are saving their big new AAA IP's for next gen.

The only one i've really been hearing that from is EA. Ubisoft and others seem to be just fine.