By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Halo 4 may be the savior of First Party Titles for MS..

kain_kusanagi said:
ethomaz said:

kain_kusanagi said:

All that matters is if it was published by Sony or MS.

Nope... ME1 is published by Microsoft (on 360) and it is not exclusive/first-party... Ghostbusters is published by Sony (on PS3) and it is not exclusive/ first-party.

The question in OP is about first-party games. So any third or second-party game is not allowed.

The biggest first-paty franchise for 360: Halo, Forza and Fable.
The biggest first-paty franchise for PS3: God of War, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Killzone, MotorStorm and inFAMOUS.

* games over 2 million in sales *

The OP's logic is flawed and so is yours. The Gears of War series is published by MS and therefore it matters. Sony buys up developers and MS makes deals for publishing rights. The end result is the same.

ME1 is an exeption. There are always going to be special cases.

All that matters is what was published by Sony and MS.

But my logic isn't flawed...all I wanted to know if I was spewing crap or on to something..

Anyways, thanks for the debate between you two!

Around the Network
iFlow said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Are you simply suggesting that some of the Halo 4 revenues can/might be used to support new first party titles?

Well, I don't see how that wouldn't make sense. If they can afford taking more risks then that's great.

I mean that if 343 succeeds with Halo 4 then Microsoft may gain trust in newwe developers and IPs. 343 could show MS that risks can be great and rewarding. By risks, I mean signing new developers and making new IPs. 

We all know that it would take a great company and a lot of trust from Microsoft to let a studio take the reigns of such a great franchise. Microsoft took the risk by having 343 develop Halo 4. Hopefully, there will be more risks in the future with new developers and IPs.

Sorry if that didn't make any sense, Thursdays are my Kyptonite.

LOL....Making a new Halo isn't a risk, its a certainty. The only risk is having a new team handle a project Bungie isnt working on. The groundwork was already laid for them. This is not an indicator of a new IP. Microsoft is not interested in risking new AAA ips unless they can pay a well known dev to make it for them.

Cobretti2 said:
I don't see the point of this thread

Halo 4 alone on hype will succeed. Any extra sales will be from quality.

Sorry if I couldn't get my point across. The point I'm trying to get is that the success of Halo 4 may get Microsoft to take more risks which in turn leads to more developers and IPs.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
iFlow said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Are you simply suggesting that some of the Halo 4 revenues can/might be used to support new first party titles?

Well, I don't see how that wouldn't make sense. If they can afford taking more risks then that's great.

I mean that if 343 succeeds with Halo 4 then Microsoft may gain trust in newwe developers and IPs. 343 could show MS that risks can be great and rewarding. By risks, I mean signing new developers and making new IPs. 

We all know that it would take a great company and a lot of trust from Microsoft to let a studio take the reigns of such a great franchise. Microsoft took the risk by having 343 develop Halo 4. Hopefully, there will be more risks in the future with new developers and IPs.

LOL....Making a new Halo isn't a risk, its a certainty. The only risk is having a new team handle a project Bungie isnt working on. The groundwork was already laid for them. This is not an indicator of a new IP. Microsoft is not interested in risking new AAA ips unless they can pay a well known dev to make it for them.

So I'm spewing out crap! Well, at least you answered the question. You seemed to be the only one who has. Thanks for the opinion!

But they're making new AAA ip

Why you still act like you're god and know everything?it's not just this time

Around the Network
iFlow said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
iFlow said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

So I'm spewing out crap! Well, at least you answered the question. You seemed to be the only one who has. Thanks for the opinion!

Hold on a sec let me look for the article where Microsoft was talking about the risk of new Ips. BRB.

Here we go. Ive never heard Sony make an excuse like this but here you go. :)

http://www.gamezone.com/products/xbox-360/news/microsoft-comments-on-lack-of-new-xbox-360-exclusive-ips

Horrorfest said:

90% of the xbox list is garbage. No one can deny it's a fact that PS3 has a more varied and better quantity of exclusives. Also, GT5 out sold Gears 3 and will probably out sell Halo 3 and or Reach. So much for PS3 exclusives over selling, look at those Forza bundle sales :p

Your opinion is 90% garbage. No one can deny the fact that Xbox 360 exclusives sell so much because people like them. Also GT5, while a quality game, is an exeption while Gears and Halo are the rule. So much for fanboy spin. :p

D-Joe said:

But they're making new AAA ip

Why you still act like you're god and know everything?it's not just this time

Dont you mean Crytek?

Horrorfest said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I think you'd be surprised if you looked at the full list of published titles.

Total Exclusives (Acording to Wikipedia):

Sony Published Exclusives: 65

MS Published Exclusives: 73

Source

Here are the lists. I'm sure there are a few descrpencies or mistakes. But even if the 360 list had several mistakes it's pretty clear to me that the PS3 does not have a substantial advantage in published gaes.

Microsoft Published Exclusives:

90% of the xbox list is garbage. No one can deny it's a fact that PS3 has a more varied and better quantity of exclusives. Also, GT5 out sold Gears 3 and will probably out sell Halo 3 and or Reach. So much for PS3 exclusives over selling, look at those Forza bundle sales :p

your opinion not fact also ps3 games are bundled heavy like uncharted and gran turismo