By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA sent ME3 on Wii U to die.

Well according to the Wii U hype, the Wii U is next gen and core gamers will buy it because it will have all the core games that were only available on the PS360.

With that being said, EA would have all right to say the Wii U is not worth supporting if the a core games that core gamers buy don't sell on the Wii U or a Nintendo console that is being heavily marketed towards core gamers.

If any of the core games that are being developed on the Wii U fails then that says a lot about the dead or dying core gamers on a Nintendo home console. I would expect EA to support the Wii U no matter what, it would be in there best interest.

Around the Network

LMAO at ME3 selling badly on PS3, please that game has sold about almost one mil in less than a year. Thats great especially for a game series that came late to the party on PS3.

Mass effect 2 sold terribly on ps3. That is a fact. When people saw the sales they were complaining at ps3 owners. I remember reading the forums. Ea only said "hey yeah its cool" but they just admitted in their latest financial report their games are now selling better on pc.

Also the 360 version of mass effect 3 outsold the ps3 version 4 : 1. So would you say the game is a true success on ps3? I bet it didn't sell as well as ea hoped. Good numbers true, but for a series like that it doesn't hold up on the 360 version. Thats my point when I say it didn't sell.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

CCFanboy said:

Mass effect 2 sold terribly on ps3. That is a fact. When people saw the sales they were complaining at ps3 owners. I remember reading the forums. Ea only said "hey yeah its cool" but they just admitted in their latest financial report their games are now selling better on pc.

Also the 360 version of mass effect 3 outsold the ps3 version 4 : 1. So would you say the game is a true success on ps3? I bet it didn't sell as well as ea hoped. Good numbers true, but for a series like that it doesn't hold up on the 360 version. Thats my point when I say it didn't sell.

its a silly point, because EA never said that the PS3 version needed to sell as well as 360 or even close to it. Give me a link where they said as much. IF that were the case then they would not have put ME3 on PS3 in the first place and they really shouldnt be putting it on the WIi. So a game that was being sold a full price a YEAR after the original release didnt sell as well as the 360 version?? Wow really? WHo would have thought that. Fact is ME is doing great for  series that came late to the party on PS3 had it been released same time as the original 360 version then it would be doing much better. ANd FYI people were even betting against ME2 on PS3 doing even a mil, its sold more than than that not even counting digital sales

Thats exactly the point though. Mass effect 2 didn't do well on ps3 so why would this do any better on wii u? Ea must know it won't do that well, even though this decision could hinder things. I doubt ea have any expectations with this in the first place which probably means it will do well on wii u.

I can't see ea underestimating nintendo again. They would look well if fifa and need for speed outsold the vita versions.

Around the Network
CCFanboy said:
Thats exactly the point though. Mass effect 2 didn't do well on ps3 so why would this do any better on wii u? Ea must know it won't do that well, even though this decision could hinder things. I doubt ea have any expectations with this in the first place which probably means it will do well on wii u.

I can't see ea underestimating nintendo again. They would look well if fifa and need for speed outsold the vita versions.

So ME2 according to you didnt do well on PS3(which is dead wrong BTW because EA and Bioware have expressed positive feelings about that game anyway). But it will do well on Wii U because they have low expectations?? That makes no sense, so what were there expectations for the PS3 version of ME2??

What does Fifa and NFS have to do with this? What does Vita have to do with anything, its a portable any console version of those games would outsell a portable one. If the Wii U version of those games can come close to PS360 THAT would be something.

oniyide said:

So ME2 according to you didnt do well on PS3(which is dead wrong BTW because EA and Bioware have expressed positive feelings about that game anyway). But it will do well on Wii U because they have low expectations?? That makes no sense, so what were there expectations for the PS3 version of ME2??

What does Fifa and NFS have to do with this? What does Vita have to do with anything, its a portable any console version of those games would outsell a portable one. If the Wii U version of those games can come close to PS360 THAT would be something.

Hold your horses, NFS has not been announced for the Wii U, is not in the launch day list, is not even in the launch WINDOW list, it has versions even for iOS and Android but is not comming to Wii U unless is the most stupid secret (not announced till last minute?) in the history of gaming.

flagstaad said:
oniyide said:

Hold your horses, NFS has not been announced for the Wii U, is not in the launch day list, is not even in the launch WINDOW list, it has versions even for iOS and Android but is not comming to Wii U unless is the most stupid secret (not announced till last minute?) in the history of gaming.

Take it up with whats his face. I didnt even know the status of the game, which was my point, it has nothing to do with ME3.

oniyide said:

So ME2 according to you didnt do well on PS3(which is dead wrong BTW because EA and Bioware have expressed positive feelings about that game anyway).

Thats what I was implying earlier though when I said "oh sure at the time ea said "its cool"". I think they said that to save face. If you looked on n4g back in the day rumors came up and articles would top the page. Forums went abalze and the rumor itself wouldn't die. It was like the metal gear solid 4 360 rumors. The way the internet reacted it definitely made it seem like it would sell much better then it did. Now I am just giving my opinion when I say I believe ea were probably disappointed with it. From my view the way ps3 fanboys went on it should have sold far more than it did. As you noted they highlighted the digital copies when they said they were happy but still failed to mention actual figures. But hey thats just guess work. I don't believe the series found tremendous success on ps3 so ea can't really hold it against nintendo. It seems to be forum posters who say "third party games don't sell on nintendo".

As for the vita sales thing, I mentioned that because ea saw 3ds getting off to a bad start and then deemed vita would have better success. People here seem to think this is a conspiracy and it likely isn't (not you, others). If ea see a platform they put faith in selling less software then the system people here think ea have a "secret vendetta" against then they are likely to support wii u and admit they were wrong about nintendo. Even though I still think no such conspiracy exists.

Also I thought people would have seen this before. You are probably aware retailers were listing need for speed but this gave the game away.

http://portal.mj.gov.br/ClassificacaoIndicativa/jsps/DadosJogoForm.do?select_action=&tbjogo_codigo=5027

Without the trilogy that is coming out Mass Effect 3 is pointless on the Wii U. I say they direct their resources towards that.