By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 1 coming to PS3 (ME Trilogy)

Interesting news, though not surprising that PS3 is getting the short end of the stick on the deal. It was announced that the release is Nov. 7th for PC and X360, with PS3 coming at a 'later date'. So basically, they're giving the rights to Sony, but not until most people have bought it on competing platforms.  Regardless, this hurts Mass Effect Wii U sales far more than anything else.

Around the Network

Looks like I'm going to have to restart from the start to get the full experience. It's a good thing I love this series.

First and only (good one)

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

And there goes the sales of Mass Effect 3

Watch how this will be used as evidence against 3rd party sales on Nintendo platforms

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i though EA would find a way of bring this game to PS3 somehow

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Well, I gues the Wii U version is kinda doomed, unless they go "Ha! Gotcha! We're releasing the trilogy on there too, guys!"

That would be cool

I'd be upset because I just bought all three games for the second time, on Origin, but I can live without the box. It's a very nice box though.

Good to hear that now PS3-only owners can get the whole experience (even if I think ME1 is the weakest game in the trilogy, it's still vitally important)

I'm strongly resisting the urge to say this is more proof that BioWare is out to get Nintendo fans...

woops

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Darc Requiem said:
Well this makes Mass Effect 3 on Wii U completely pointless.

Its always been pointless. Focus on the games that are coming rather than the ones that are out. That market has always been satisfied.

Carl2291 said:
shanbcn said:

There goes another 360 exclusive.  /joke

http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&ndmConfigId=1012492&newsId=20120926005253&newsLang=en

PC games arent 360 exclusives.

Great news for any PS3-only owners. This game is great. Fantastic. Excellent. Youre in for a treat!

For someone who only plays games on consoles it pretty much is. I'm glad that PS3 owners will get to play the first game, wonder if they fixed how laggy/choppy that game gets in battles. Too bad the Wii U isn't geting the trilogy as well. EA is really sticking it to Nintendo.

My guess is that the language of the deal with Microsoft kept them from releasing the game in stand alone retail form, but that there is a loop-hole regarding compilations. Either that, or it had an expiration date.

Mr Khan said:

I'm strongly resisting the urge to say this is more proof that BioWare is out to get Nintendo fans...

woops

BioWare has nothing to do with publishing decisions. They are a content team.